Planning application at 1 Cawdor Road Highfields QLD 4352

Jennifer Young sent a message to Bill Cahill.

To
Bill Cahill
From
Jennifer Young
Subject
Planning application at 1 Cawdor Road Highfields QLD 4352
Date
June 27, 2017, 1:43 p.m.
I would like to know why is Toowoomba Regional Council going to move the water supply pipeline from Cooby Dam, from it's existing location, ie going directly up Bernard Court, Highfields? I have been told it will be relocated to the eastern side or highway side of the resident homes in Bernard Court?
Is this to accommodate the developers who are building a 7/11 service station at Lot 1, 1 Cawdor Road, Highfields? Or is it because other development is going to occur on Lot 2, 1 Cawdor Road, Highfields and possibly 9 Bernard Court, Highfields?
If this is so, who is paying for this change, the ratepayers?

From Jennifer Young to local councillor Bill Cahill

=========================================================================

Jennifer Young posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Jennifer Young and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Cawdor Road Highfields QLD 4352

Description: Combined MCU RAL and OWS Service Station, Subdivision 1 into 2 lots and 2x Pylon Sign, 2x Ground Sign and 1x Roof Sign/Projecting Wall Sign

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/642887?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Bill Cahill,
Date
June 29, 2017, 4:52 a.m.
Hello Jennifer

This is news to me... I doubt this will happen, however I will forward your enquiry onto the acting GM for Water and Waste for His attention and ask for an officer to contact you to speak with you about it.

Regards

Bill Cahill
Councillor
Water and Waste Operations Portfolio

Toowoomba Regional Council
PO Box 3021 Toowoomba QLD 4350<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
P 07 4688 6782<tel:07%204688%206782> M 0419 908 083<tel:0419%20908%20083> F 1800 448 882<tel:1800%20448%20882>
<mailto:>
www.tr.qld.gov.au<http://www.tr.qld.gov.au/>

On 27 Jun 2017, at 11:44 PM, Jennifer Young <<mailto:>> wrote:

I would like to know why is Toowoomba Regional Council going to move the water supply pipeline from Cooby Dam, from it's existing location, ie going directly up Bernard Court, Highfields? I have been told it will be relocated to the eastern side or highway side of the resident homes in Bernard Court?
Is this to accommodate the developers who are building a 7/11 service station at Lot 1, 1 Cawdor Road, Highfields? Or is it because other development is going to occur on Lot 2, 1 Cawdor Road, Highfields and possibly 9 Bernard Court, Highfields?
If this is so, who is paying for this change, the ratepayers?

From Jennifer Young to local councillor Bill Cahill

=========================================================================

Jennifer Young posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Jennifer Young and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Cawdor Road Highfields QLD 4352

Description: Combined MCU RAL and OWS Service Station, Subdivision 1 into 2 lots and 2x Pylon Sign, 2x Ground Sign and 1x Roof Sign/Projecting Wall Sign

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/642887?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which
represents the personal view of the sender.

If you wish to contact Council by non electronic means, Council's
postal address is:

PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350
From
Bill Cahill
Date
July 7, 2017, 2:05 a.m.
Jennifer,

Cr Cahill has passed your request for information regarding the Cooby Pipeline in the Cawdor Road area on to me.

I am sure you have noticed the surveyors in Cawdor/Mitchell Road area recently. They have been gathering survey information for a trunk water main extending from the Highfields Water Supply pipeline.

The Highfields Water Supply pipeline supplies water from the Mt Kynoch reservoirs to Highfields. The trunk water main is to cater for the continuing development of the Highfields /Meringandan area and is not related to the development of the Cawdor Road Service station or adjoining land.

There are two trains of thought for the route of this trunk water main

1. extending along Mitchell Road out to the New England Highway, along the Highway to and along Cawdor Road
2. continuing to Cawdor Rd in the Cooby Pipeline main easement which is the alignment of the Highfields Water Supply pipeline from Mt Kynoch to Mitchell Rd.

Either route will of course be in the vicinity of properties in Bernard Court.

With regard to the Cooby pipeline there was discussion had due to concerns about what future development may happen on the block of land adjoining the service station to the west, not so much the service station itself. This discussion considered what options may be available if there were any significant impacts on the pipeline. These discussions also considered whether the age and condition of the pipeline were an issue and also the continuing development encroachment upon the easement for the pipeline.

Relocation of the Cooby pipeline was one such option, other options were; is anything required, replacement, refurbishment or protection of the section of main through the easement from Bernard Court to Cawdor Road.

While there has been discussion on options, what may be done will be subject to what future development, if any, happens and timing of the development.

In summary ;
1. there are currently no plans to realign the Cooby pipeline and any future necessary actions will be assessed in line with timing of any development in the area.
2. options for location of the trunk water main extending from the Highfields Water Supply Pipeline to Cawdor Road are being assessed.

I hope this answers your queries at this time, if you require further clarification please contact me as per the details below.

Regards

Phil McEwan
Manager
Water Infrastructure Services

PO Box 3021 Toowoomba QLD 4350
P 07 4688 6695 M 0437 214 417 F 07 4631 9292
<mailto:>
www.tr.qld.gov.au<http://www.tr.qld.gov.au/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which
represents the personal view of the sender.

If you wish to contact Council by non electronic means, Council's
postal address is:

PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350
´╗┐