Planning application at 1 Gladys Court, Joyner QLD 4500

Kathy and Mark Cherry sent a message to Mick Gillam.

To
Mick Gillam
From
Kathy and Mark Cherry
Subject
Planning application at 1 Gladys Court, Joyner QLD 4500
Date
Aug. 28, 2018, 7:50 a.m.
Hi Mick
In reference to the above application will this enable similar changes to house blocks in the area (eg Gainbreigh Estate and Gladys Crt) to have dense housing like other parts of Pine Rivers?
These blocks were purchased as large blocks to enjoy the less dense lifestyle.
This will affect the value and ease of selling properties around 1 Gladys Court in the future.
Is there anything that the current residents can do to stop this process?

From Kathy and Mark Cherry to local councillor Mick Gillam

=========================================================================

Kathy and Mark Cherry posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Kathy and Mark Cherry and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Gladys Court, Joyner QLD 4500

Description: Reconfiguring a Lot - Development Permit for Subdivision (1 into 2 Lots)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1037947?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Mick Gillam,
Date
Aug. 30, 2018, 7:31 a.m.
Hi Kathy and Mark,
Lovely to hear from you.
The State have brought in a new planning act which all Queensland councils must now use when they initiate a new planning scheme. We did that back in 2015. Unfortunately with the new town plan we had to zone land as Urban or Rural. The old Special Residential that we used to have in the old planning scheme was no longer available. Minimum size for Rural Res is 3000m2. All the blocks around you are around 2000. Some smart consultants have got onto this fact and are going around trying to get people to subdivide or some smart developers are going around buying blocks cheap and then applying to council to divide their blocks in two. There has been another on in Amanda Jane recently.
As a suburban block the minimum size is 600m2 so technically all the blocks in the Gainbrae area could be subdivided. Looking at the map though only a very few are in the position to as they have houses and garages etc that would make the exercise uneconomical.
I've attached a pic for you so you can this is mainly the case. The one on the corner just happened to be lucky in the way the positioned their house originally.
I'll have a chat with the Manger of Planning Services and see if there is any avenue for you to pursue.
Best wishes,
Mick
From
Mick Gillam
Date
Sept. 3, 2018, 12:58 a.m.
Hi Kathy and Mark,

Further to my email last week I’ve received advice from our Manager of Development Services which I have included below.

“Your summary is correct. In our investigation on this from memory only 4 or so blocks would be likely given existing houses. However to ensure this doesn’t occur an amendment to the scheme could be pursued to have a no further reconfiguration criteria added for this area?”

So far only two have been lodged. If you want to pursue this further can you please send me a letter signed by yourselves and some of the other neighbours and I will push this through Council and see if we can get this in one of Council’s future Planning Scheme Amendments.

Best wishes,

Mick

Mick Gillam | Councillor for Division 8
Moreton Bay Regional Council
Strathpine Office
220 Gympie Road
PO Box 159 | Caboolture Qld 4510
Phone 3480 6512
Mobile 0408 878 517
www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au<http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/>

[Description: Facebook Like us]
To keep up with latest Division 8 happenings, local events and