Planning application at 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034

Catherine sent a message to Kathy Neilson.

To
Kathy Neilson
From
Catherine
Subject
Planning application at 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034
Date
Aug. 23, 2017, 11:18 a.m.
I very much hope that Randwick council will do the right thing by the residents of Marcel avenue and indeed the residence of Clovelly. This proposed development is way out of line with the current streetscape. Marcel Avenue is already a very narrow street, the addition of more cars and more residents to an already over crowded street will create congestion and extra traffic that the street really can not deal with. Not to mention that the proposed development will tower above the federation style houses next to it. There is already high density housing on the opposite side of the street and the current row of federation houses on this side offers relief to this high density. Why does Sydney insist on knocking down anything with character and beauty only to build large ugly buildings.
I hope Randwick council will help to preserve this suburbs history rather than destroy it.

From Catherine to local councillor Kathy Neilson

=========================================================================

Catherine posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Catherine and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034

Description: Demolition of the existing dwellings & erection of a part 3, part 4 storey residential flat building with basement parking & associated landscaped works.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/859674?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Kathy Neilson
Date
Aug. 28, 2017, 6:19 a.m.
Hi Catherine
Thank you for contacting me regarding this Development Application DA/459/2017 for 1-3 Marcel Avenue<x-apple-data-detectors://0>.
Please note at this early stage in the process, without an assessment report having been finalised by the assessment officer, I am unable to form any views on the merits/or likewise of the proposal. However, the matter will be coming to Council and when it is on the Business Paper please contact me again.
Kind regards

Clr Kathy Neilson
Randwick City Council
Labor North Ward 0477 345 913<tel:0477%20345%20913>

On 23 Aug 2017, at 9:22 PM, Catherine <<mailto:>> wrote:

I very much hope that Randwick council will do the right thing by the residents of Marcel avenue and indeed the residence of Clovelly. This proposed development is way out of line with the current streetscape. Marcel Avenue is already a very narrow street, the addition of more cars and more residents to an already over crowded street will create congestion and extra traffic that the street really can not deal with. Not to mention that the proposed development will tower above the federation style houses next to it. There is already high density housing on the opposite side of the street and the current row of federation houses on this side offers relief to this high density. Why does Sydney insist on knocking down anything with character and beauty only to build large ugly buildings.
I hope Randwick council will help to preserve this suburbs history rather than destroy it.

From Catherine to local councillor Kathy Neilson

=========================================================================

Catherine posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Catherine and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034

Description: Demolition of the existing dwellings & erection of a part 3, part 4 storey residential flat building with basement parking & associated landscaped works.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/859674?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

"Please come and visit us at www.randwick.nsw.gov.au"

*****************************************************************************************

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. The use, copying or distribution of this message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Randwick City Council, unless otherwise stated.

This message has been scanned by anti-virus software prior to transmission.

*****************************************************************************************
´╗┐