Planning application at 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034

Danny Griffith sent a message to Kathy Neilson.

To
Kathy Neilson
From
Danny Griffith
Subject
Planning application at 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034
Date
Sept. 2, 2017, 12:30 p.m.
Dear Councillors

I strongly disagree with the application proposal for 1-3 Marcel Avenue. My property is directly below 1 marcel ave on Carrington Rd and there are two serious concerns I have if this overdevelopment is approved.

My concerns relate to 1. Water run off from heavy rain, and 2. Overshadowing of our property.

The issue of water run off as a result of heavy rain is a historical one which has clearly shown that significant water flows through the natural causeway between 1-3 Marcel Ave. We are directly behind this property and will suffer great damage if approval is forthcoming.

Issue 2 of overshadowing is no less important as it effects our daily life which will be like living in a cave with no light. The building height and setback will detrimentally effect the little light we now get.

I would hope that council will see this as a greedy developer-driven grab for cash and in no way beneficial for the local residents now and in the future.

From Danny Griffith to local councillor Kathy Neilson

=========================================================================

Danny Griffith posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Danny Griffith and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034

Description: Demolition of the existing dwellings & erection of a part 3, part 4 storey residential flat building with basement parking & associated landscaped works.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/859674?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Kathy Neilson
Date
Sept. 4, 2017, 7:59 a.m.
Dear Danny
Thank you for contacting me regarding this Development Application DA/459/2017 for 1-3 Marcel Avenue<x-apple-data-detectors://0>.
Please note at this early stage in the process, without an assessment report having been finalised by the assessment officer, I am unable to form any views on the merits/or likewise of the proposal. However, the matter will be coming to Council and when it is on the Business Paper please contact me again.
Kind regards

Clr Kathy Neilson
Randwick City Council
Labor North Ward 0477 345 913<tel:0477%20345%20913>

On 2 Sep 2017, at 10:34 PM, Danny Griffith <<mailto:>> wrote:

Dear Councillors

I strongly disagree with the application proposal for 1-3 Marcel Avenue. My property is directly below 1 marcel ave on Carrington Rd and there are two serious concerns I have if this overdevelopment is approved.

My concerns relate to 1. Water run off from heavy rain, and 2. Overshadowing of our property.

The issue of water run off as a result of heavy rain is a historical one which has clearly shown that significant water flows through the natural causeway between 1-3 Marcel Ave. We are directly behind this property and will suffer great damage if approval is forthcoming.

Issue 2 of overshadowing is no less important as it effects our daily life which will be like living in a cave with no light. The building height and setback will detrimentally effect the little light we now get.

I would hope that council will see this as a greedy developer-driven grab for cash and in no way beneficial for the local residents now and in the future.

From Danny Griffith to local councillor Kathy Neilson

=========================================================================

Danny Griffith posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Danny Griffith and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Marcel Avenue Coogee NSW 2034

Description: Demolition of the existing dwellings & erection of a part 3, part 4 storey residential flat building with basement parking & associated landscaped works.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/859674?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

"Please come and visit us at www.randwick.nsw.gov.au"

*****************************************************************************************

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. The use, copying or distribution of this message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Randwick City Council, unless otherwise stated.

This message has been scanned by anti-virus software prior to transmission.

*****************************************************************************************
´╗┐