Planning application at 1 Murrumba Road Rangeville QLD 4350

James Beveridge sent a message to Paul Antonio.

To
Paul Antonio
From
James Beveridge
Subject
Planning application at 1 Murrumba Road Rangeville QLD 4350
Date
Oct. 22, 2018, 2:05 a.m.
I have reviewed the DA and seems like "favourable" report for development.
To this point our family was disgusted last year with a two storey dwelling constructed 1.2 metres off the wall of our home in Dunmore Street, East Toowoomba, which had an adverse impact on a number of attributes; but at least it was a dwelling and not a unit development like many others. We were so disgusted we bought another home in Eymard Street, which will be affected by this new development.
I recognise that local councillors are basically powerless to stop the state overlays and development. But it seems that the system is pro-development and I am constantly reminded to get on board in my roll as a local property valuer. As I have said before many times, such development places additional pressure on our local existing amenities such as schools, parks, day care & heath facilities and these will all require additional funds to manage and upgrade into the future. I would suggest that our local councillors start to develop a town plan for the Toowoomba residents and start to represent our concerns rather than blaming the state overlays.
Further to this, Toowoomba should not be developed like Brisbane. To this point, this is why we reside in Toowoomba and not a capital city. If you inhibit the growth in a residential area, by unwanted development, you will eventually stagnate it.
Perhaps council should engage some local valuers to get some insight on trends and issues, rather than the pro-development movement.
Again we are powerless to stop development and likely to move again.

From James Beveridge to local councillor Paul Antonio

=========================================================================

James Beveridge posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to James Beveridge and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Murrumba Road Rangeville QLD 4350

Description: Reconfigure 1 into 8 Lots Community Title Subdivision

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1093004?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐