Planning application at 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach NSW 2026

Carolyn Frischling sent a message to Dominic Wy Kanak.

To
Dominic Wy Kanak
From
Carolyn Frischling
Subject
Planning application at 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach NSW 2026
Date
Feb. 9, 2017, 10:01 a.m.
Hi,
I would like to add to my comments and to others' comments please.
I am saddened that the historic significance of the building has been neglected, as it is part of creating the quaint beauty of Bondi Beach and especially the flavour of Sir Thomas Mitchell Road.
As the new immediate neighbour to the building at 54 Campbell Parade, I walked around the building today and noticed it's unique shape and how the street is enhanced by it's unique beauty.
I emphasised the lack of light as my immediate concern in my previous comment, but after my shock at hearing the proposal, I now also realise having two floors added would take away all my valued privacy. As a studio owner/resident, I only have a small space. My bedroom/living room would be in full view of the two new upper floor apartments unless I keep blinds down at all times. My now private balcony, which I treasure as living space, would lose all it's privacy too, and I would lose the enjoyment I now have using it. I am very distressed by this. The home-like and airy, light feeling of my small unit will be lost and I will feel boxed in if the height of the building is pushed up another two floors.
Thank you.

From Carolyn Frischling to local councillor Dominic Wy Kanak

=========================================================================

Carolyn Frischling posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Carolyn Frischling and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach NSW 2026

Description: Demolition of existing building and construction of a mixed use building containing ground floor commercial and residential apartments, fire storage and strata subdivision

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/768184?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐