Planning application at 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach NSW 2026

Carolyn Frischling sent a message to Dominic Wy Kanak.

To
Dominic Wy Kanak
From
Carolyn Frischling
Subject
Planning application at 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach NSW 2026
Date
Feb. 6, 2017, 4:17 a.m.
Hello,
I am the new owner occupier of a studio unit at 16/54 Campbell Parade that sits immediately next to 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell. I bought the unit on the top floor in November and settled January 13, 2017. I did due diligence and looked for developments that may affect my unit but did not find this application.
This property is my home. It is not fancy or renovated but the light is it's main feature. I'm a single mother and work in community services and stretched my budget to buy it after my separation because I fell in love immediately with the light coming through all windows and on to the balcony. Living in a studio means that light is so important. I am not opposed to the construction but adding two floors would take away all the light coming in to the windows and on the balcony. My unit runs parallel and a few feet away alongside the proposed development and it extends beyond my balcony to the back. I am very distressed as it will affect any resale value too. I do not want to live in a dark studio apartment as I would find it depressing. Privacy would also be severely compromised but it's more the light loss that impacts me dramatically and causes me great loss. I fear no one else would want to purchase a darkened studio either at the price I paid so I would lose significant value too if I want to move because of the lack of light.
Please consider the significant impact of the loss I will face compared to the long term gains the developer will make even without adding two floors.
I appreciate your consideration in this matter as I am a single person and not a developer.
Thank you for taking the time to read it.

From Carolyn Frischling to local councillor Dominic Wy Kanak

=========================================================================

Carolyn Frischling posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Carolyn Frischling and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach NSW 2026

Description: Demolition of existing building and construction of a mixed use building containing ground floor commercial and residential apartments, fire storage and strata subdivision

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/768184?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐