Planning application at 100 Sturgeon Street, Ormiston QLD 4160

Lynda Boyce sent a message to Karen Williams.

To
Karen Williams
From
Lynda Boyce
Subject
Planning application at 100 Sturgeon Street, Ormiston QLD 4160
Date
Feb. 1, 2018, 10:50 p.m.
The density of the houses in this complex is alarming.
The proximity to neighbours both within the complex and to the neighbouring complex, is far too close.
I am concerned about the extra traffic entering Sturgeon Street from the new development.
Residents already living nearby do not want the road to become even busier.
Neither do I want to see the road widened to cope with the traffic which would involve knocking down mature trees and encroaching on Fellmonger Park.
Koala's often seen previously in Fellmonger Park opposite have disappeared over the past 2 years.
Overdevelopment of land with units in Sturgeon Street over the past four years has added to the traffic and has been detrimental to the environment.

From Lynda Boyce to local councillor Karen Williams

=========================================================================

Lynda Boyce posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Lynda Boyce and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 100 Sturgeon Street, Ormiston QLD 4160

Description: Multiple Dwelling x 14 - Units 18 to 31

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/945651?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Karen Williams,
Date
Feb. 1, 2018, 11:02 p.m.
This is an Automatic reply – Please do not respond to this email. Note, this inbox is only monitored during business hours. If you require urgent after hours assistance, please phone Council on 07 3829 8999.

I confirm your email has been received and will be responded to as soon as possible.

My office receives a large volume of enquiries each day. All emails are important to me and I do my best to respond to them as promptly as possible. In some instances, your email may be responded to directly by Redland City Council staff or forwarded to your local Councillor for action.

If you raised a question or requested a response, and you have not been contacted by Council within ten (10) working days, please contact my Executive Officer via email at and he will assist in expediting your enquiry.

Thank you again for contacting my office.

Kind regards

Mayor Karen Williams | Redland City

P: +61 7 3829 8624 E:

PO Box 21 Cleveland Qld Australia 4163

www.redland.qld.gov.au
From
Karen Williams
Date
Feb. 16, 2018, 3:14 a.m.
Hi Lynda,

Thank you for your email.

I was the officer whoa assessed the application at 100 Sturgeon Street, Ormiston (Council ref. MCU013866) so I will do my best to answer your questions.

I hope I have answered your comments sufficiently. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss the matter further.

Regards,

Brett Dibden
Planning Officer
Planning Assessment Unit
City Planning and Assessment
Redland City Council
Cnr Bloomfield and Middle Streets, Cleveland Qld 4163
PO Box 21, Cleveland  QLD  4163
PH    : (07) 3829  8954   FAX  : (07) 3829 8765
Email: