Planning application at 1058 Toorak Road Camberwell VIC 3124

Dinny Birrell sent a message to Jack Wegman.

To
Jack Wegman
From
Dinny Birrell
Subject
Planning application at 1058 Toorak Road Camberwell VIC 3124
Date
Jan. 2, 2017, 8:53 p.m.
The population growth in Melbourne needs to be seriously cut back and controlled to allow services to catch up with the greatly increased demands on amenities and also if we want to keep the suburbs of Melbourne as liveable as they have been in the past.

Overdevelopment is turning the "world's most liveable city" into a concrete jungle. 45 dwellings over 4 lots in Toorak, Road Camberwell, is yet another example of inappropriate development and must be scaled back dramatically. No doubt the 4 lots currently include trees and greenery which allows for water to replenish the water table. This overdevelopment, which is happening everywhere, is very damaging to the environment by raising temperatures caused by the loss of the shade and oxygen provided by trees. New developments of this size, if permitted, ought to be required to be green buildings with provision for vegetation over the building and a set back from the street of at least three meters allowing for planting there also.

Traffic interruption during construction, increased traffic on already saturated roads, demands on schools, public transport and other infrastructure is already a problem.

Judy Brown mentions the increasing problem of less traffic control provided by developers on construction sites. This is a problem I personally had, when a reversing truck ran into me whilst backing a huge truck, for carrying cranes, into busy traffic on Canterbury Road. There was no flagman to control the traffic. I ended up doing the job of the flag person to stop traffic so he could complete his backing manoeuvre! This could have been a serious accident for me. I was lucky that there was no one beside me when I swerved to avoid him. He still hit me.

From Dinny Birrell to local councillor Jack Wegman

=========================================================================

Dinny Birrell posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Dinny Birrell and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1058 Toorak Road Camberwell VIC 3124

Description: Construction of forty five dwellings (45) over four (4) lots

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/765803?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐