Planning application at 109-115 Old Smithfield Road Freshwater QLD 4870

Kim Bradshaw sent a message to Linda Cooper.

To
Linda Cooper
From
Kim Bradshaw
Subject
Planning application at 109-115 Old Smithfield Road Freshwater QLD 4870
Date
April 30, 2017, 1:58 a.m.
Is this just to create a paper trail or make something legitimate that hasn't been? These people at Limberlost nursery and vines cafe implemented this extension last year 2016 in time for Fathers Day trade and have only applied for the extension on the 26/04/2017? WTF!!!
Really angry as the lack of infrastructure is impacting greatly on the residents and creating issues and how many complaints have to be made before someone in the council will stand up and work for the residents instead of business? Residents are going to start to come together and will be making council accountable if we continue to be ignored. Rumours are floating around the neighbourhood that Ross Rankine makes considerable donations to the council, is that why you turn a blind eye?

From Kim Bradshaw to local councillor Linda Cooper

=========================================================================

Kim Bradshaw posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Kim Bradshaw and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 109-115 Old Smithfield Road Freshwater QLD 4870

Description: Material Change of Use (Impact) Extension to existing food and drink outlet

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/812822?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Linda Cooper,
Date
May 2, 2017, 12:31 a.m.
HI Kim,

Many thanks for your email and for your photo's over the weekend. My apologies for not responding to your text message however it was a public holiday and I was returning from a camping trip so am just clearing my messages now.

When I met you on site last month I advised that Limberlost had been approached by Council to advise that they were operating outside of their approved guidelines and that they needed to submit a Development Application for consideration on their extended use. I said to you at the time that I would let you know when Council received the DA for consideration. This DA only came to my desk on Thursday afternoon so I haven't had a chance to check it out.

I am very concerned about your comments about me turning a blind eye due to Ross Rankine making donations to Council, which I quite frankly know nothing about. As I said to you when we met at your place, the first time I met Ross Rankine and his partner was in a meeting at Limberlost that they asked me to attend approximately a month before I met you. I can assure you that I do not operate in the way you have suggested.

I will be taking a look at the application in the next few days and catching up with the Planner to discuss further, however I'm more than happy to pop back out to see you and go through the application with you in its entirety. I can assure you that no-one is turning a blind eye but this is exactly the process that they are legally required to go through.

Kind regards,

Linda

Cr Linda Cooper
Elected Member - Div 6
Chair of Cultural Services
Cairns Regional Council
Phone: +61740443076 | Mobile: +61419656995

PO Box 359, 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870
From
Linda Cooper
Date
May 8, 2017, 4:20 a.m.
Hi Kim,

Just a follow up to see if you want me to come out and have a chat to you about the Development Application?

Kind regards,

Linda

Cr Linda Cooper
Elected Member - Div 6
Chair of Cultural Services
Cairns Regional Council
Phone: +61740443076 | Mobile: +61419656995

PO Box 359, 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870
´╗┐