Planning application at 1118 Stud Road, Rowville VIC 3178

Kara Duncan sent a message to Nicole Seymour.

To
Nicole Seymour
From
Kara Duncan
Subject
Planning application at 1118 Stud Road, Rowville VIC 3178
Date
June 22, 2017, 5:59 a.m.
Oh my goodness! Another development in this narrow one-way service road. This road is already choked up with traffic parked on the street as there is only allowance for one carpark per unit. This strip is totally overdeveloped. We live at 1100 Stud Road and surrounded by high-rise buildings. We have lost heaps of established trees and beautiful sunsets as we can no longer see the horizon for walls and roofs. This is just getting too much. When will it stop? We once were about 25 single blocks with one home now there are an average of 14 apartments on half of them with many more in the pipe-line. Where is the extra infrastructure to cope with this population explosion? Transport, schools, shops etc. This strip was selected as it was opposite an "activity centre". The shopping centre consists only of retail stores. The only activity is the library!! Even now it's hard to get a park at the shopping centre as we flood in more an more people in this immediate area. This is just becoming untenable. Please put a stop to it.

From Kara Duncan to local councillor Nicole Seymour

=========================================================================

Kara Duncan posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Kara Duncan and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1118 Stud Road, Rowville VIC 3178

Description: Proposed eighteen x three storey town houses

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/842670?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Nicole Seymour
Date
June 23, 2017, 5:12 a.m.
Hi Kara,
Thanks for your email and sharing your concerns re the intensity of development occurring on Stud Road, opposite Stud Park.
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to stem the development even though I share your concerns re the pressures placed on existing infrastructure, traffic congestion and parking.
There has been little investment in Stud Park and limited improvement in public transport in Rowville to service a growing population and yet higher density living is being forced upon the area.
When applications come in, I do my best to provide common sense about what is appropriate for the area within the statutory framework we have to operate in.
If you would like to escalate your concerns, it would be great if you could lobby our local state MP Mr Kim Wells and also voice your concerns to the State Planning Mr Richard Wynne as to address the issues you rightfully highlight will need to be reflected at State Government level.
Kind regards
Nicole Seymour

Tirhatuan Ward Councillor
Knox City Council
0427 245 834 | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152
| www.knox.vic.gov.au
´╗┐