Planning application at 12 Drake Street, Mornington, VIC

Ciaran Wilcox sent a message to Rosie Clark.

To
Rosie Clark
From
Ciaran Wilcox
Subject
Planning application at 12 Drake Street, Mornington, VIC
Date
Aug. 6, 2017, 11:54 p.m.
Hi - Question regarding the zoning and overlays to this site: Is there a neighbourhood character restriction to this site and its surrounds? This has been applied by council locally to other nearby streets - which are now blocked from carrying out a development of this kind on a site this size.

On another note, I am greatly troubled by the potential loss of this home from the area. It is a fabulous example of the period architecture which made this area of Mornington what it is today. The difference between conservation and restriction on development should not hinder natural improvement and modernising of the area - I am a building designer. There are ways to achieve both. My understanding of what the neighbourhood's environment and integrity seems to differ however from that of the council and the planning implementations.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Ciaran Wilcox
0415 851 682

From Ciaran Wilcox to local councillor Rosie Clark

=========================================================================

Ciaran Wilcox posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Ciaran Wilcox and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 12 Drake Street, Mornington, VIC

Description: Development of two (2) double storey dwellings including associated works and vegetation removal generally in accordance with the submitted plans

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/860085?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐