Planning application at 1217-1219 Nepean Highway, Highett, VIC

Cheryl Follett sent a message to Geoff Gledhill.

To
Geoff Gledhill
From
Cheryl Follett
Subject
Planning application at 1217-1219 Nepean Highway, Highett, VIC
Date
June 28, 2017, 2:54 p.m.
36 Dwellings ??? Is this property owned by chinese investors ?
IS IT WITHIN THE FIRB LIMITS ?
Is this development going to be a multi-storey "housing commission" style building ??
Do the neighboring owners want slums next to their new townhouses ?
Is there provision for a multi-storey car-park as well ?
as 36 or possible 72 or more vehicles coukd not possibly be parked in front of this double block and as it fronts Nepean Highway close to a corner it would create a major traffic hazard if a large number of cars were exiting

From Cheryl Follett to local councillor Geoff Gledhill

=========================================================================

Cheryl Follett posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Cheryl Follett and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 1217-1219 Nepean Highway, Highett, VIC

Description: Develop the land for the construction of thirty-six (36) dwellings

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/806941?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Geoff Gledhill,
Date
June 29, 2017, 4:22 a.m.
Hi Cheryl,
I have sought a copy of the file as it outside my ward and as such i am yet to be briefed on the matter by officers, i will be back to you ASAP.
Regards
Geoff

Cr Geoff Gledhill - City of Kingston
Central Ward
From
Geoff Gledhill
Date
July 4, 2017, 12:40 a.m.
Hi Cheryl,
Apologies as I had the number wrong, my mistake. That matter was considered, and approved by Council in May. The application originally attracted 15 objections and saw two revisions of plans which sought to address the concerns raised in those objections. Had Council rejected these revisions, the danger we faced is that any subsequent VCAT appeal undertaken by the applicant would have reverted to the original plans, thwarting any gains made for residents. Council granted what is referred to as a Notice of Decision which allows for a period on time for objectors to take the matter to VCAT, none have done so.
The origins of the owners is not something that Council is generally made aware of, nor empowered to consider as part of the application. FIRB matters are also outside the realm of Council consideration. The zoning of the area does allow for developments of greater density, there are a significant number of "live" applications in that area. Having said that I can appreciate the concerns you have in relation to parking provisions, as a Council we are continuing to lobby the Planning Minister to change the state regulations to better reflect today's level of car ownership.
Councils is currently undertaking a review of our Neighbourhood Character guidelines and overall retail strategy, all interested parties will be able to make submissions.
I know my explanation may not have allayed your concerns, however I hope I have made the process a little clearer and I do encourage you to participate in our upcoming consultation.
Regards
Geoff

Central Ward
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:22 pm
Subject: Re: Planning application at 1217-1219 Nepean Highway, Highett, VIC
To: Cheryl Follett <<mailto:>>

Hi Cheryl,
I have sought a copy of the file as it outside my ward and as such i am yet to be briefed on the matter by officers, i will be back to you ASAP.
Regards
Geoff

Central Ward
´╗┐