To
Jane Addis
From
Cam
Subject
Planning application at 126 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127
Date
Dec. 1, 2017, 7:36 a.m.
It’s about time builders and developers paid a bond before their permits are issued, and also risk having the permits cancelled. Break the rules and you forfeit your bond. Then you have to get a new approval. That will stop this nonsense.

As for the wall being declared unsafe—it’s the oldest excuse in the book when you want something removed so you dont have to hassle of working around it. But they have still failed in their duty to preserve and protect the heritage feature. They can rebuild it of course, brick by brick, after they have done the works that they really want to get do. But it will never be the same.

From Cam to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

Cam posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Cam and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 126 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Description: Post RequestBuildings and works to construct a supermarket (including a fence, awning and road works) pursuant to Clauses 34.01-4, 43.01-1, 43.02-2 and 44.05-1; Externally alter a building; and full and partial demolition of the existing buildings.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/843125?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
Dec. 1, 2017, 10:10 a.m.
Hello Cam
I understand that no rules were broken because the façade was assessed by a Structural Engineer as being unsafe. It is unfortunate that the solution was deemed to be demolition, but the public had to be protected.

I do not believe that the applicant can be seen as being advantaged by this outcome given that they are required to re-build the façade.

Jane Addis
Councillor - Maling Ward

8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
City of Boroondara
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Mobile: 0409 267 902

Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect