Planning application at 126 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Rita O'Donnell sent a message to Jane Addis.

To
Jane Addis
From
Rita O'Donnell
Subject
Planning application at 126 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127
Date
June 24, 2017, 6:27 a.m.
Boroondara Council's planning register provides no details about this post planning permit application by Coles concerning its proposed supermarket.
Given the strength of community opposition to a Coles supermarket in Union road and its expected adverse impact on neighbourhood character and amenity, as the relevant local councillor I urge you to familiarise yourself with Coles latest application and insist Boroondara Council make details of this application public if there are any doubts about its significance for local residents.
Of particular concern are any changes being sought by Coles which would compromise safety or impact traffic movements around the level crossing and in surrounding residential streets.
Finally, for many reasons including the risks to public safety, I oppose a public toilet being part of the proposed development.

From Rita O'Donnell to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

Rita O'Donnell posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Rita O'Donnell and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 126 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Description: Post RequestBuildings and works to construct a supermarket (including a fence, awning and road works) pursuant to Clauses 34.01-4, 43.01-1, 43.02-2 and 44.05-1; Externally alter a building; and full and partial demolition of the existing buildings.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/843125?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
June 26, 2017, 2:01 a.m.
Hello Rita,

I can confirm that the supermarket does not include a public toilet.

Planning alerts posts all applications as soon as they are registered. Council only displays documents and plans on its website once a decision is made to give public notice. This is because original plans will sometimes be missing information or will change between the time of lodgement and when a decision is made to give notice. If a decision is made not to give notice or an application is exempt from notice according to the planning scheme, plans and documents will not be displayed on the website.

From the information provided it appears the application involves amending the approved plans in respect to location of utility services, lift overruns and car park exhaust. Officers have not carried out any assessment of the plans as yet. If the changes are significant enough to warrant public notice, then the plans will be displayed on the website once that decision is made.

Regards
Jane Addis
Councillor - Maling Ward

8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
City of Boroondara
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Mobile: 0409 267 902

Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect
´╗┐