Planning application at 130 Ramsay Street Centenary Heights QLD 4350

Denise Miller sent a message to Geoff McDonald.

To
Geoff McDonald
From
Denise Miller
Subject
Planning application at 130 Ramsay Street Centenary Heights QLD 4350
Date
Dec. 13, 2017, 10:19 p.m.
If you had to pick the worst intersection in Toowoomba to build a child care centre, this would be it. At the moment the traffic is horrendous around this area and quite often is backed up quite a few blocks before this intersection. There are a number of schools in this area and with the advent of multiple dwellings being built as well in this area which not only creates extra traffic but people parking on footpaths and in narrow streets which in turn creates traffic problems. I haven't seen the plans for the centre - parking, entrance, exits etc or how many children the centre would cater for, so I can't comment on the actual centre itself. Is it possible to view these plans? I do hope this application does not get approval. Thank you.

From Denise Miller to local councillor Geoff McDonald

=========================================================================

Denise Miller posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Denise Miller and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 130 Ramsay Street Centenary Heights QLD 4350

Description: Child Care Centre

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/928230?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Geoff McDonald
Date
Dec. 14, 2017, 10:03 p.m.
Good morning Denise

You will note that I have included General Manager of Planning Stewart Somers into this response so that he can have one of the planning team respond. It is obviously very early days in the planning process with the application (according to today's paper) only just lodged.

There will be a material change of use which will trigger a whole host of conditions to ensure that any increase in traffic at the intersection is accommodated adequately.

Stewart would you please arrange for one of your team to elaborate further.

Thanks for the email Denise.

Kind regards
Geoff

[X]
Cr Geoff McDonald
Chair - Environment and Community
P 07 4688 6784 M 0499 774 276
E <mailto:>
W www.tr.qld.gov.au<http://www.tr.qld.gov.au>
Toowoomba Region
Rich Traditions Bold Ambitions

On 14 Dec 2017, at 8:20 am, Denise Miller <<mailto:>> wrote:

If you had to pick the worst intersection in Toowoomba to build a child care centre, this would be it. At the moment the traffic is horrendous around this area and quite often is backed up quite a few blocks before this intersection. There are a number of schools in this area and with the advent of multiple dwellings being built as well in this area which not only creates extra traffic but people parking on footpaths and in narrow streets which in turn creates traffic problems. I haven't seen the plans for the centre - parking, entrance, exits etc or how many children the centre would cater for, so I can't comment on the actual centre itself. Is it possible to view these plans? I do hope this application does not get approval. Thank you.

From Denise Miller to local councillor Geoff McDonald

=========================================================================

Denise Miller posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Denise Miller and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 130 Ramsay Street Centenary Heights QLD 4350

Description: Child Care Centre

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/928230?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which
represents the personal view of the sender.

If you wish to contact Council by non electronic means, Council's
postal address is:

Toowoomba Regional Council
PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350
´╗┐