Planning application at 137-157 Adderley Street West Melbourne VIC 3003
Aug. 20, 2017, 4:26 a.m.
1. The proposal is an over development of the site.
2. The proposal is contrary to the design objectives contained in State Panning Framework Clause 15.01 – 1 Urban Design as the scale, massing, design and architectural expression of the proposed building is not appropriate to the features of the site and surrounds and therefore the development will not contribute to a safe, functional and good quality environment.
3. The height, scale, massing and design detail of the development will result is a building which will dominate the surrounding streetscapes and is not in keeping the character of the area and fails to comply the objectives 22.17 and clause 43.02.
4. The proposal is contrary to Clause 43.02 Schedule 29 (Design and Development Overlay 29) of the Melbourne panning Scheme in that the development does not respect the scale of and provide transition to, adjoining lower scale heritage buildings.
5. The proposal fails to consider the potential development opportunities of the adjoining sites to the North and therefore does not allow equitable development.
6. The internal amenity of some of the proposed apartments is poor in terms of access to light, natural ventilation, open space and functionality.
7. Having regard to the density of the development the proposal provides for insufficient visitor and resident car parking and parking layout is unsatisfactory.