Planning application at 16-22 Cope Street Redfern NSW 2016

T Hemsworth sent a message to Clover Moore.

To
Clover Moore
From
T Hemsworth
Subject
Planning application at 16-22 Cope Street Redfern NSW 2016
Date
June 28, 2017, 1:01 a.m.
I object to this development and agree with all of the comments above. As a resident of the street I was attracted to buy in this location because the street has a nice residential feeling and vibe as someone mentioned above. I purchased one of the historic terraces that add character and make this street such a pleasure to live in. Building this boarding house will take away the character of the street. In addition with the current construction in the area, new bars and cafes and the commuters that park on the street to go to Redfern station has made in increasing difficult for residents of the street to find parking, it is hard at all times of the day. I am concerned about the potential unsocial behaviour and additional noise the building may attract. Another concern is there has been a huge increase in development applications across Sydney that are being approved by councils under the proviso of providing affordable housing, but once erected the developer is charging extremely high rents that defeat the reason and the foundation of affordable housing, it will simply become a money earner for a greedy developer.

From T Hemsworth to local councillor Clover Moore

=========================================================================

T Hemsworth posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to T Hemsworth and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 16-22 Cope Street Redfern NSW 2016

Description: Demolition of existing building and construction of 5 storey boarding house with 39 rooms and basement parking for 5 vehicles.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/776972?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐