Planning application at 16-22 Gatehouse Drive Kensington VIC 3031

Dr Jason Lee sent a message to Rohan Leppert.

To
Rohan Leppert
From
Dr Jason Lee
Subject
Planning application at 16-22 Gatehouse Drive Kensington VIC 3031
Date
April 9, 2017, 11:25 a.m.
I am resident of Gatehouse Drive and concur with the aforementioned comments against this new development of apartments in Kensington, particularly in the location proposed. The reasons for this include:

1. Congestion of traffic and noise pollution - there is already too much non-local traffic that use Gatehouse Drive as a thoroughfare between Smithfield Rd and Kensington Rd and further high density development will exacerbate this. The increase in traffic will also create an unacceptable amount of noise pollution on Gatehouse Drive which is bad enough for local residents already.
Bear in mind there is also ANOTHER block of apartments being constructed on Hobsons Rd Kensington adding further traffic burden to the Kensington area.
2. Inadequate parking - street parking on Gatehouse Drive and surrounding streets is currently saturated by local residents. A further development of >90 apartments will add to this burden.
3. Liveability - Kensington is already quite population dense with mainly townhouses and units. There is also an existing apartment tower on Smithfield Rd and Speakmen St. In addition to this, there is a new block of apartment being constructed on Hobsons Rd in Kensington as well as on the corner of Racecourse Rd and Epsom Rd.

I sincerely feel this is a terrible idea for the local community. Please do the job that you have been elected to do, represent your constituents of Kensington and prevent this development from becoming a reality and ruining our community.

From Dr Jason Lee to local councillor Rohan Leppert

=========================================================================

Dr Jason Lee posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Dr Jason Lee and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 16-22 Gatehouse Drive Kensington VIC 3031

Description: Construction of a multi storey building for accomodation purposes and reduce the car parking requirements

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/751977?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Rohan Leppert
Date
April 10, 2017, 3 a.m.
Thanks Jason

I will be keeping a close eye on the application.

Rohan

Cr Rohan Leppert

P.S. For all other readers of this planning alerts page, all eleven Councillors have equal voting rights on planning matters. I happen to be first in the alphabetical list provided by planning alerts, so seem to be getting the lion's share of comments directed at me. That's fine, just pointing out that bringing other Councillors' attention to the matter may also be beneficial!
This email is intended solely for the named addressee.
If you are not the addressee indicated please delete it immediately.
´╗┐