To
Jane Addis
From
JO
Subject
Planning application at 16 Boston Road Balwyn VIC 3103
Date
July 20, 2016, 10:22 p.m.
This property, lovingly restored, is the original farm house in the area, surrounded by beautiful mature trees and a truly green landscape. To be replaced by a concrete jungle that is not respectful of existing neighborhood character. These developments force the neighbors out of the area, as they did not choose to live next to high density living with all its ramifications. This will have a snowball destructing effect as more residents sell up and move out., resulting in loss of our large, heritage homes to be replaced by more and more boxes.
In Boroondara's Council Precinct 74 Planning Permit Analysis, the council reported that there had been no notable change in the number or type of planning permit
applications received since the introduction of the new residential zones. This is because the large family homes don't come up on the market often. But, as every large block comes on the market now, as was the case with 16 Boston Road, they are quickly snapped up by the developers as they know we are part of the 15 % developers can target in our city because of the zoning classification the council has assigned us.

From JO to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

JO posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to JO and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 16 Boston Road Balwyn VIC 3103

Description: Construction of eight (8) dwellings on a lot and a reduction in visitor parking.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/688334?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
July 22, 2016, 2:48 a.m.
Hello Jo
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to hear your concerns.
Please give me a ring if you have any questions that I may be able to assist you with.
Regards

Jane Addis
Councillor Maling Ward

City of Boroondara
8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Fax: (03) 9278 4466
Email:
Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect
´╗┐