Planning application at 160 Birrell Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022

Fiona Last sent a message to Bill Mouroukas.

To
Bill Mouroukas
From
Fiona Last
Subject
Planning application at 160 Birrell Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Date
July 16, 2017, 11:38 p.m.
This, the casual removal of anything alive that gets in the way, seems to be a an increasing trend, especially in the last 6 months or so. Has Council changed its policy on tree protection? Anecdotally, I have heard of perfectly healthy native specimens that have had their removal recently approved. This is after many years of refusal by council for the same tree. I have recently seen an application for the removal of 15 trees from one site! Replacement by a healthy tree of a certain size is often a condition of approval by council but who polices this requirement? Again anecdotally, I am aware of three separate instances where this condition has never been met. The owner didn't want a tree there, for whatever reason, why would they plant another one? And if no one is going to enforce the requirement, mission accomplished.

From Fiona Last to local councillor Bill Mouroukas

=========================================================================

Fiona Last posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Fiona Last and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 160 Birrell Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022

Description: Remove four (4) trees from various location of the property. Site is subject to current DA-246/2017

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/852595?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐