Planning application at 165 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Bridget Larkin sent a message to Jane Addis.

To
Jane Addis
From
Bridget Larkin
Subject
Planning application at 165 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127
Date
April 3, 2017, 2:09 a.m.
Developers are being constantly let destroy the local neighbourhood character: tearing down the trees and gardens, building with cheap materials that do not blend with the adjacent buildings, not providing adequate onsite parking, leaving the exisiting buildings to become derelict, not maintaining the area whilst they build these offensive appearing massive boxes, taking far too long to erect the new buildings. All this development is achieving is slums for 10-15yrs time....poor quality builds making fast money for greedy folks who have no concern for our local area.

From Bridget Larkin to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

Bridget Larkin posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Bridget Larkin and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 165 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Description: (Vicsmart) Construction of buildings and works and reduction of the standard car parking requirement associated with an existing building

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/795980?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
April 20, 2017, 7:41 a.m.
Hello Bridget
While I can understand your comments, I do not think this development is actually seeking to do these things.

I believe that Council's preliminary assessment has determined that in fact there is no requirement for a reduction in parking because the proposal meets the statutory requirement. The online register has been updated to reflect this.

The application is quite limited in what it is seeking and is therefore classified as a VicSmart application.
regards
Jane Addis
Councillor - Maling Ward

8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
City of Boroondara
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Mobile: 0409 267 902

Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect
´╗┐