Planning application at 165 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Russell Gray sent a message to Jane Addis.

To
Jane Addis
From
Russell Gray
Subject
Planning application at 165 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127
Date
April 2, 2017, 11:32 p.m.
I also oppose any reductions in car parking, especially in Union Road. It is already becoming a bottleneck. Wait until the Coles Supermarket is being built and operating!!!
My question is how come an existing building wants a reduction in car parking requirements, what are they? The application states "(Vicsmart) Construction of buildings and works and reduction of the standard car parking requirement associated with an existing building"
As usual there are no documents associated with the permit so far, so how can we realistically assess what the parking requirements are for the new building?
But in my experience the developer will get a sympathetic traffic report anyway and get through VCAT so I suggest that nothing can be done to fight it. A major factor is the laneway behind the shop, we need to know what is happening there as well.

From Russell Gray to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

Russell Gray posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Russell Gray and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 165 Union Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127

Description: (Vicsmart) Construction of buildings and works and reduction of the standard car parking requirement associated with an existing building

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/795980?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
April 20, 2017, 7:45 a.m.
Hello Russell

Having carried out a preliminary review of the application, Council has determined that the required number of car spaces associated with an office is going to be provided and thus no reduction in parking is being sought. The online register has been updated to reflect this.

The application is now quite limited and is thus classified as a VicSmart application. This means that it is exempt from public notice requirements and third party appeal rights. Given the public notice exemption, plans will not be displayed online. These requirements and processes are not set by local government.
regards

Jane Addis
Councillor - Maling Ward

8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
City of Boroondara
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Mobile: 0409 267 902

Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect
´╗┐