Planning application at 17 - 19 Long Street, Cleveland QLD 4163

JENNY BOUCAUT sent a message to Peter Mitchell.

To
Peter Mitchell
From
JENNY BOUCAUT
Subject
Planning application at 17 - 19 Long Street, Cleveland QLD 4163
Date
Sept. 17, 2018, 3:48 a.m.

If you drive around Cleveland you will see cars , boats, trailers, campervans etc
all parked on the grassed footpath areas as Cleveland has wide footpaths.

people never seem to have enough room in their own yards for all their TOYS and cars
especially in small lot housing rentals

so when there is not enough parking in small lot developments you can expect even MORE cars parked on the footpath.

It's an absolute eye sore … and apparently not legal.
By the way this is happening in Thornlands as well with all the new estates.

From JENNY BOUCAUT to local councillor Peter Mitchell

=========================================================================

JENNY BOUCAUT posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to JENNY BOUCAUT and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 17 - 19 Long Street, Cleveland QLD 4163

Description: Change to Development Approval - RAL17/0003 - 1 into 4 Lot Reconfiguration

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1075122?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Peter Mitchell,
Date
Sept. 17, 2018, 3:51 a.m.
This is an Automatic reply – Please do not respond to this email. Note: If you require urgent after hours assistance, please phone Council on 07 3829 8999.

I confirm your email has been received and will be responded to as soon as possible.

I receive a large volume of emails each day. All emails are important to me and I do my best to respond to them as promptly as possible. In some instances, I may ask that your email be responded to directly by Redland City Council staff if that will provide you the most efficient response to your issue.

Although I will endeavour to respond as soon as possible, if you raised a question or requested a response and you have not been contacted by me or Council within ten (10) working days, please contact me on 3829 8607.

Thank you again for writing to me.

Warm regards

Cr Peter Mitchell
Division 2 (Cleveland/North Stradbroke Island)
Redland City Council
P: +61 7 3829 8607 E: <mailto:>
PO Box 21 Cleveland Qld Australia 4163
www.redland.qld.gov.au<http://www.redland.qld.gov.au>
From
Peter Mitchell
Date
Sept. 18, 2018, 6:54 a.m.
Good afternoon Jenny,

Thanks for writing in. Councils all over are trying to manage this type of impact to the best of their ability.

Whilst I do not want our Council to ever be seen as heavy handed or over regulatory, sometimes the "stick" is needed.
And so there are local and State laws around illegal parking.
I recommend you call it in for action if you believe such behaviour in your patch is beyond what a reasonable person expects from good neighbours.
We are in this together after all and some people do push the boundaries at times.

I also have a view that people who have a lot of "toys" they use, and good luck to them for it, need to take responsibility for their storage. Thankfully we are spoilt for choice in Redlands and can choose to rent or purchase the right property with plenty of space for our goods. Just not in a smaller lot if that is our choice. Another good option is finding a private storage facility or with friends or family perhaps.
It is not very reasonable to expect that public land is available for recreational items, or multiple vehicles, to be stored if I have chosen a small lot for location or other personal reasons.

I agree that parking rates and storage needs to match the zoning and intended usage. These should be reviewed from time to time in city plans and State guidelines to make sure they are meeting current trends. This Council is very conscious of trying to get the right "rates" in the right areas. There are a broad range of opinions on what is "right" as our area becomes more popular. There are also State guided restrictions to what we are able to do independently.
We need ongoing and broad public feedback to do the best with current information.

Peter