Planning application at 199 O'Hea Street, Coburg VIC 3058

Bill Davis sent a message to Oscar Yildiz.

To
Oscar Yildiz
From
Bill Davis
Subject
Planning application at 199 O'Hea Street, Coburg VIC 3058
Date
Jan. 19, 2018, 9:48 a.m.
Hi Oscar,
In addition to the legitimate concerns of residents in the immediate vicinity of this proposed development, can Council planning please also consider those of the wider Pascoe Vale & Moreland communities:

1. Traffic in O'Hea Street has increased exponentially since the opening of the Coburg North Coles center which (while an overall positive development in my opinion) has gridlocked the Gaffney & Sussex Street intersection. O'Hea Street has now become a major vehicle thoroughfare for transiting east - west traffic in the area.

2. As a daily bicycle commuter into the CBD, I find that the existing O'Hea Street bicycle track is by far the safest east - west passage between Pascoe Vale and the Upfield bicycle track.

There are a growing number of incidences of vehicles being parked across the O'Hea Street bicycle track between the driveway and curb due to lack of on street parking caused by the issues noted in earlier comments. This forces bicycle commuters to deviate off the path into the O'Hea Street traffic.
Further multi-dwelling developments with parking reductions will only exacerbate this issue at a time when provision of safe and practical bicycle routes should be a priority to help ease the traffic burden as Moreland & Melbourne's population grows.

I am sure that these issues will be important to you as a local resident as well as a Councillor.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards

Bill Davis

From Bill Davis to local councillor Oscar Yildiz

=========================================================================

Bill Davis posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Bill Davis and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 199 O'Hea Street, Coburg VIC 3058

Description: Construction of 5 double storey dwellings, and a reduction of the required visitor car parking space

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/929944?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Oscar Yildiz
Date
Jan. 22, 2018, 9:17 p.m.
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your email. Yes absolutely I’m well aware of the issues you point out in your email, I’ve noticed the same.

I can assure you that Council too acknowledges these problems. I will again raise this with the relevant Director and Manager. I should point out Bill that we will shortly erect speed humps down a section of O’Heas Street to mitigate some of the issues.

Once again I appreciate you voicing your concerns with me.

Regards

Cr. Oscar Yildiz JP
Councillor Moreland City Council
Responsible for Governance & Local Laws/Building Amenity
Moreland City Council
Tel: 9240 1193<tel:9240%201193>
Mob: 0413 850 357<tel:0413%20850%20357>
Facebook: Oscar Yildiz
Twitter: @oscaryildiz70

Mayor: 2010/2011
Mayor: 2012/2013