Planning application at 2-16 Wynyard Street, Cleveland, QLD

Brian Whitelaw sent a message to Peter Mitchell.

To
Peter Mitchell
From
Brian Whitelaw
Subject
Planning application at 2-16 Wynyard Street, Cleveland, QLD
Date
Feb. 13, 2017, 11:41 p.m.
Hi Peter,

I refer to your response of 4 months ago:

"Regarding the specifics of how our experts apply the financial contribution of offsets, I will get a formal response from officers.

Regarding your questions on the property sale, I will also get you a formal response from officers. I do know however that the ratepayer received a great sale price considered at the high end of valuation."

I think it is fair to say that more than enough time has passed to get those responses.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Brian

From Brian Whitelaw to local councillor Peter Mitchell

=========================================================================

Brian Whitelaw posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Brian Whitelaw and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 2-16 Wynyard Street, Cleveland, QLD

Description: Commercial Office and Refreshment Establishment

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/721074?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Peter Mitchell
Date
Feb. 14, 2017, 2:08 a.m.
This response from officers re offsets:

The offset requirements for the trees classified as Non-Juvenile Koala Habitat Trees is mandated by State Government policy and legislation, as Koalas are a Matter of State Environmental Significance. The relevant legislation and planning policy is the Environmental Offsets Act and the South East Queensland Koala Conservation State Planning Regulatory Provisions.

An applicant has the option of either a financial contribution, onsite offset or a combination of the two. For the development at 2-6 Wynyard Street it is still yet to be confirmed how the offset will be managed. An onsite offset may not be possible. If there is a financial contribution, the amount is paid to Council to administer in a trust account to undertake delivery of an offset (typically this would be conservation or open space land where offset planting will enhance koala habitat).
´╗┐