Planning application at 20-22 Annangrove Road, Kenthurst NSW 2156

Amanda Lynch sent a message to Michelle Byrne.

To
Michelle Byrne
From
Amanda Lynch
Subject
Planning application at 20-22 Annangrove Road, Kenthurst NSW 2156
Date
Aug. 16, 2016, 11:53 a.m.
I am strongly opposed to the proposed cemetery for Annangrove Road.

As a mother of two students at St Madeleine's Primary School I have serious concerns about the safety implications for students and the community if the parking facilities on site are dramatically reduced to accommodate a cemetery.

Having been briefed on the proposal just last week by both the parish priest and a member of the parish finance committee, it is my understanding that the cemetery is not being proposed because there is a demand for one in the area, but rather to bank roll the cost of building a new church on the site. I can't in good conscience support an application that doesn't meet the needs of the community but is solely a fundraising exercise.

Lastly I would like to say I am less than thrilled at the prospect of my children being exposed to several funerals each week. I'm disappointed the parish hasn't thought to factor in the emotional well being of the children in their community and I sincerely hope the proposal is not given the green light.

Amanda Lynch

From Amanda Lynch to local councillor Michelle Byrne

=========================================================================

Amanda Lynch posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Amanda Lynch and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 20-22 Annangrove Road, Kenthurst NSW 2156

Description: Demolition of Existing Dwelling, Construction of a Place of Worship, Cemetery and Parking

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/691026?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐