Planning application at 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044

Sally Warmington sent a message to Natalie Abboud.

To
Natalie Abboud
From
Sally Warmington
Subject
Planning application at 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044
Date
Jan. 11, 2019, 9:57 p.m.
I am writing to express my dismay and strong objection to the proposed development in Northumberland road, a few minutes' walk form my home in Gaffney Street. While I support medium density development, this proposal for 73 dwellings on such a small site has so many flaws it is hard to see it would be even considered at all. The small size of apartments, the lack of sustainable parking (proximity to the station alone does not remove most people's need for a car for many other activities), and traffic congestion in surrounding streets will have a significant negative effect on residents in the area. Regardless of the zoning, this location is a quiet, fairly narrow residential street and this proposed development would be completely out of character.
As other people have observed, the 7 storey proposal may be a strategy on the part of the developer to try and get 5 or 6 storeys approved as some kind of compromise, but this still would not be acceptable. In this area, medium density dwellings can work well at 2-3 storeys but going up to 5-7 with such small tightly packed dwellings is a completely different matter.
I urge you to do everything you can to prevent this development going ahead.
Kind regards, Sally Warmington.

From Sally Warmington to local councillor Natalie Abboud

=========================================================================

Sally Warmington posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Sally Warmington and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044

Description: Development of the land by the construction of a building (seven storeys with roof terrace) containing 73 dwellings and a reduction in the car parking requirements

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1070399?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐