Planning application at 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044

Bill Davis sent a message to Oscar Yildiz.

To
Oscar Yildiz
From
Bill Davis
Subject
Planning application at 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044
Date
Sept. 9, 2018, 8:40 a.m.
Yes, we feel your pain Northumberland Rd residents. The west side of your street has been zoned RGZ2 (Growth Zone) due to it being within a few hundreds meters of PV Station. Never mind that the neighbourhood is totally removed from the station and is (or was) firmly low density suburban.

While not ignoring Council planning on individual developments, I do think we need to turn our attention to our State Gov which I recall from the re-zoning meetings a few years ago were the main drivers for pushing medium (high) density living on us. This is happening all over Melbourne, although it seems to be particularly exacerbated in PV and Glenroy. Personally I would like to see a push for the development of regional centers with appropriate industry, infrastructure and transport investment rather than turning Melbourne's suburbs into an apartment tower jungle.

Lets see what John and Oscar have to say on the current State Gov policies as they are now both running as Independents for the next State election in Nov. We need a shakeup in PV from being an evermore safe Labour seat and hence ignored by both parties. I urge all concerned residents to question John, Oscar, sitting member Lizzie Blandthorn and other candidates as to their positions on the current zoning.

Lets get informed and make a push for an informed change in November.

Regards to all

From Bill Davis to local councillor Oscar Yildiz

=========================================================================

Bill Davis posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Bill Davis and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044

Description: Development of the land by the construction of a building (seven storeys with roof terrace) containing 73 dwellings and a reduction in the car parking requirements

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1070399?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐