Planning application at 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044

Martin Saj sent a message to Oscar Yildiz.

To
Oscar Yildiz
From
Martin Saj
Subject
Planning application at 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044
Date
Oct. 1, 2018, 5 a.m.
Entertaining the proposal of a 7 storey development on 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale is disgraceful and borderline negligent on the council planners behalf.

I refer them to: SCHEDULE 24 TO THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OVERLAY of this area.

Here is how the decision to proceed with this development will blatantly contravene this planning overlay:

1. OBJECTIVE: To implement the Moreland Neighbourhood Centres Strategy, 2017. RESULT: FAILED. Page 34 of this document clearly restricts this area to 4 storey MAXIMUM development.

2. OBJECTIVE: To ensure built form outcomes are appropriate to the context of Moreland’s Neighbourhood Centres. RESULT: FAILED. As this is open for interpretation, I will refer you to the overwhelming response AGAINST this development you have received from rate-paying residents. Disregarding the community's view is just disrespectful.

3. OBJECTIVE: To improve the quality of higher density and mixed use developments by providing appropriate built form guidance. RESULT: FAILED. Car stacker system is suitable only for occasional use by residents. This will almost certainly NOT be the case. Again, you're not considering the context of the location and way of life in the area.

4. OBJECTIVE: To improve amenity outcomes for residents in higher density and mixed use developments and for residents in adjacent buildings. RESULT: FAILED. I'm sure the adjacent properties would strongly disagree their amenity would be improved by this joke of an application. The road is TOO NARROW to service any more traffic as it is. The Schools in the area are AT CAPACITY. The train line is AT CAPACITY during peak hours before it is even stops at Pascoe Vale. Devon Road and Gaffney Street remain the ONLY ROUTES for traffic coming off Pascoe Vale road and are NOT SUFFICIENT to deal with the load ALREADY. This is made worse by the ancient level crossings at both intersections.

5. OBJECTIVE: To ensure that new development makes a positive contribution to the public realm. RESULT: FAILED. Reduced quality of life for existing residents is not a positive contribution.

I would hope some of the above points make their way into the logical approval process next time.

In the meantime, I will remain disappointed by absence of considerate planning Moreland is continually subjected to.

From Martin Saj to local councillor Oscar Yildiz

=========================================================================

Martin Saj posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Martin Saj and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 21 Northumberland Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044

Description: Development of the land by the construction of a building (seven storeys with roof terrace) containing 73 dwellings and a reduction in the car parking requirements

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1070399?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Oscar Yildiz
Date
Oct. 4, 2018, 11:10 a.m.
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your email. I have definitely noted your concerns.

Regards

Cr. Oscar Yildiz JP
Councillor Moreland City Council
Responsible for Recreation & Leisure
Moreland City Council
Tel: 9240 1193<tel:9240%201193>
Mob: 0413 850 357<tel:0413%20850%20357>
Facebook: Oscar Yildiz
Twitter: @oscaryildiz70
Instagram: oscar_yildiz

Mayor: 2010/2011
Mayor: 2012/2013