Planning application at 211 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn, WA, 6016

Sally Wright sent a message to Emma Michelle Cole.

To
Emma Michelle Cole
From
Sally Wright
Subject
Planning application at 211 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn, WA, 6016
Date
June 10, 2016, 8:38 a.m.
I am very concerned about the location near the primary school. The area is very congested and parking is limited. Also there are many other car wash locations . At least 3 along between the school and Innaloo , 1 at dog swap , 1
On Cnr Charles and Angove and snother on Charles St. There is no need for another facilty.

From Sally Wright to local councillor Emma Michelle Cole

=========================================================================

Sally Wright posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Sally Wright and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 211 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn, WA, 6016

Description: Proposed Change of Use from Open Air Display, Eating House and Shop to Carwash (Unlisted Use) and Associated Car Parking

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/665740?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Emma Michelle Cole
Date
July 12, 2016, 5:34 a.m.
Hi Sally

Thank you for your email. There has been a very strong community response on planning alerts to this planning application, particularly in relation to traffic impacts, parking and proximity to the Mulberry Tree daycare centre and MHPS. I also take your point on the number of car washes in the vicinity. There has been a rush of car wash applications in the last year, many of which have not been supported by Council due to location and traffic impacts.

I asked City of Vincent Development Services Director Gabriela Poezyn about the timeframe for this to come to Council. It has been delayed due to the lack of a management plan. It is now expected to go to the August Council meeting. This will mean the agenda is available on the City’s website by Thursday 11 August:
http://www.vincent.wa.gov.au/Your_Council/Agenda_Minutes

It will be discussed (questions and answer format) at the Council Briefing on Tuesday 16 August (6p.m. start with public question time first up) and then determined at the Council meeting of Tuesday 23 August (also an opportunity to speak during public question time after the meeting opens at 6p.m.).

Please don’t hesitate to call me to discuss the agenda item once released. I am starting back at my “other job” on Thurs 11 and Fri 12 August so probably best to talk over the following weekend or Monday 15 or Tues 16 August. Prior to that time, I am happy to have a general discussion, but won’t have access to the details or Officer Recommendation until the agenda is released.

I hope you've been having a great time on the school holidays and a nice break from work.

Best regards,
Emma

Emma Cole
Councillor- North Ward
City of Vincent 

Phone: 0407 427 588
Fax: (08) 9273 6099
www.vincent.wa.gov.au