Planning application at 211 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn, WA, 6016

Rachael Chalmers sent a message to Emma Michelle Cole.

To
Emma Michelle Cole
From
Rachael Chalmers
Subject
Planning application at 211 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn, WA, 6016
Date
Jan. 24, 2017, 9:46 a.m.
Strongly against petrol station in this location. It's already a tricky corner with the school and childcare close by.

From Rachael Chalmers to local councillor Emma Michelle Cole

=========================================================================

Rachael Chalmers posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Rachael Chalmers and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 211 Scarborough Beach Road, Mount Hawthorn, WA, 6016

Description: Proposed Demolition of Existing Buildings Construction of Service Station and Shop

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/768928?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Emma Michelle Cole
Date
Jan. 24, 2017, 2:50 p.m.
Dear Rachael

Thank you for your comment.

I share community concern over the location of the proposed service station and will not support the proposal. I understand it once was a motorbike repair shop with petrol bowsers. A service station would not be a good outcome considering proximity to a high population primary school and the childcare centre with its outdoor playspace facing to the street.

I am surprised to see an application for a service station at this location. A recent development for a car wash on the same site caused very similar community concerns around traffic safety and was withdrawn prior to making it to Council for determination.

The development application is an "AA" use which requires Council to exercise discretion, rather than simply being a permitted use. Council Members don't have a role in determining which, and when, applications are advertised, as this function is carried out by Administration who are obligated to advertise development applications prior to making a recommendation to Council.

I'll ask the Vincent Development Services staff when this application is likely to be considered by Council, and will let you know. I would be very happy to meet with concerned residents about the application.

Best regards

Emma Cole
Councillor - North Ward
City of Vincent

Tel: 0407 427 588
´╗┐