Planning application at 228-230 Jones Road Bellbird Park QLD 4300

Curious Resident sent a message to Paul Tully.

To
Paul Tully
From
Curious Resident
Subject
Planning application at 228-230 Jones Road Bellbird Park QLD 4300
Date
June 8, 2018, 8:32 p.m.
I've looked at some of the drawings - 25 lots, with the smallest starting at 450m2 - with JUST ONE lot more than 600m2. I'd simply like to know how this meets the Ipswich Planning Scheme? If I refer to Fact Sheet 8 Ipswich Planning Scheme, it says:
"Residential Low Density Zone – generally 10 to 15 dwellings per ha (average 600m2 lots)" – I’ll just repeat that - AVERAGE 600m2 LOTS. I am hoping that Ipswich City Council and Cr Paul Tully could please enlighten me to the calculation that would make this application meet the AVERAGE 600m2 LOTS, as my calculations get an average lot size of just under 489m2.

I would also like to know - Ipswich City Council and Cr Paul Tully - Why are developments such as this (which have an average lot size of less than 600m) approved in our suburb? When I bought here, I could have bought at Springfield, but chose to buy and live in a suburb with larger blocks, because that suited my lifestyle. I understand that the small block lifestyle suits some people, but believe most people bought at Bellbird Park for the larger lot sizes. That was our choice, a choice which is being taken away from us, one development at a time.

I always thought the planning scheme would protect us, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be doing so. I look forward to your response/s.

From Curious Resident to local councillor Paul Tully

=========================================================================

Curious Resident posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Curious Resident and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 228-230 Jones Road Bellbird Park QLD 4300

Description: Reconfiguring a Lot - One (1) Lots into Twenty Five (25) Lots, and Detention Basin

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1011141?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.