Planning application at 228-230 Jones Road Bellbird Park QLD 4300

Sam Johnson sent a message to Paul Tully.

To
Paul Tully
From
Sam Johnson
Subject
Planning application at 228-230 Jones Road Bellbird Park QLD 4300
Date
June 12, 2018, 4:30 a.m.
I have not thoroughly red all the comments about this development but essentially they are all negative and question the councils ability to manage this and the councils intention to preserve the current aesthetics of the neighbourhood.
I live on Jones road, an acre plus and purchased in the area because of the spacious lots and low density housing. Prior to committing to buy I contacted council and they assured me that the zoning was to remain the same into the future.
Since purchasing two large blocks adjacent to mine have been sub-divided into over 50 with more to come. Many of these are Duplex type housing that the council was unaware of until they were built.
The council has a "self assessment" approach to building houses which allows a great deal of exploitation. So long as you build within the local guidelines it is possible to build then submit plans AFTER construction is completed!! even if the construction breaches the guidelines or barely meets them council WILL NOT exercise any enforcement to alter the constructions.
Drainage is a major issue with the area, infrastructure prior to the new developments was at its limit. Part of the costs incurred when subdividing is to pay the council for any upgrading of current infrastructure to handle the extra burden from new development.
I have been in contact with Ipswich Town Planning and discussed this matter, the reply I received was that there was insufficient funds in the budget to allow for upgrades at this time. So it seems either the council is not charging developers enough to subdivide and prosper or they are using the funds collected for something other than what they were collected for.
I can be contacted at trdhilux@gmail.com or 0412 134 290 if you wish to discuss this further.
SAM>>>

From Sam Johnson to local councillor Paul Tully

=========================================================================

Sam Johnson posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Sam Johnson and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 228-230 Jones Road Bellbird Park QLD 4300

Description: Reconfiguring a Lot - One (1) Lots into Twenty Five (25) Lots, and Detention Basin

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1011141?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐