Planning application at 233 Welsby Parade, Bongaree QLD 4507

Faye Falvey sent a message to Brooke Savige.

To
Brooke Savige
From
Faye Falvey
Subject
Planning application at 233 Welsby Parade, Bongaree QLD 4507
Date
March 29, 2019, 10:36 a.m.
I am concerned about the HEIGHT of buildings, residential or otherwise, being built on Bribie Island and Its surrounds. Bribie Island has been a place of peace and quite, where you can escape other places such as Cities, The Gold Coast, The Sunshine Coast, Redcliffe etc., where buildings dominate the skyline and motor vehicle fumes fill the air.

Why is anyone allowed to put in a Development Application to be considered, even if, in building it, it requires to go outside of the already stated rules & regulations? It is my understanding that the public are welcome to put in submissions against the proposal, if in fact they see the sign in front of the proposed building site and have the time & means of continually writing submissions in the hope that the rules and their wishes be met. Shouldn't it be the other way around? That the developer has to get the majority of the rate payers and residents to agree in writing with the changes they are making?

I am also concerned about infrastructure for future development on Bribie Island, there are already signs of pressure on roads, the bridge etc. leading onto and off of the island. We came to live on an Island and do not want it to turn into an over crowded and polluted City.

From Faye Falvey to local councillor Brooke Savige

=========================================================================

Faye Falvey posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Faye Falvey and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 233 Welsby Parade, Bongaree QLD 4507

Description: Material Change of Use - Development Permit for Muiltple Dwelling (10 Units)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1153671?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐