Planning application at 261 Balwyn Road Balwyn North VIC 3104

Karen McCoy sent a message to Jane Addis.

To
Jane Addis
From
Karen McCoy
Subject
Planning application at 261 Balwyn Road Balwyn North VIC 3104
Date
Sept. 16, 2017, 10:30 p.m.
This is a gross over development of a residential block, 22 dwellings would mean these are either shoe box sized flats or the building will be six storeys high. Either option is ridiculous and will be a traffic issue so close to a major intersection (Doncaster and Balwyn Rds). This intersection has traffic blocked as far back as Nixon St between 3:30pm and 5:00pm. Balwyn Rd is single lane in both direction due to the bike lane so traffic management and parking for residents and visitors is essential.
This development is for profit only and offers no benefits to the residents.

From Karen McCoy to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

Karen McCoy posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Karen McCoy and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 261 Balwyn Road Balwyn North VIC 3104

Description: Post RequestConstruct twenty two (22) dwellings on a lot.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/883024?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
Sept. 18, 2017, 9:44 p.m.
Hello Karen,

Thank you for your email, dated 17 September about the proposed development at the above address.

Please note that the POST Request you refer to is not a new planning application to develop the site. Planning Alerts is not a Council controlled or sponsored application. It simply draws material from Council's electronic planning register. In this case it has picked up that a request has been lodged to extend the time to begin construction for a development originally approved at the direction of VCAT back in January 2015. The approved development is for thirteen dwellings in a three storey building.

Yours sincerely,

Jane Addis
Councillor - Maling Ward

8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
City of Boroondara
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Mobile: 0409 267 902

Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect
´╗┐