Planning application at 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035

Theresa Galea Fearn sent a message to Harry Stavrinos.

To
Harry Stavrinos
From
Theresa Galea Fearn
Subject
Planning application at 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035
Date
May 20, 2017, 8:34 a.m.
Dear Larry,
The items that were placed out for Council clean up where in a neat pile and stacked in a safe way. Unfortunately scavengers over night went through all the materials left out and made a mess. Unlike other residents in Duncan St who placed their junk out weeks before the clean up, we complied with council's request and placed it out for collection 12 hours before collection.

Don't defame us with your accusations calling us greedy and careless. The centre is now only for 24 children - a drop of 19 children - that is not a sign of greed that is compassion for our neighbouring residents- what is your compromise?

If this proposal was 3 streets away from you Larry we never would hear from you, the simple fact is you just don't want it in your backyard. But reality is 100s of other maroubra residents, many of them women and children are desperate for quality childcare for babies and they have signed a petition to that affect. I have operated 5 centres successfully and I left my role as head of operations of these prominent centres to commence Yogicubs. Yogicubs will be an asset to the already thriving small businesses that have come out of Maroubra.

The "not in my backyard" mentality is simply selfish . The DA that Council has recomended for approval is in the best interests of the Central ward and Maroubra as we Maroubra residents need to promote such small businesses and become a more family centric community.

From Theresa Galea Fearn to local councillor Harry Stavrinos

=========================================================================

Theresa Galea Fearn posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Theresa Galea Fearn and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035

Description: Alterations and additions to the existing building, garage and fencing with associated works and conversion to childcare centre catering for 43 children.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/647999?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐