Planning application at 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035

Theresa Galea Fearn sent a message to Noel D'Souza.

To
Noel D'Souza
From
Theresa Galea Fearn
Subject
Planning application at 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035
Date
May 17, 2017, 3:10 a.m.
Dear Residents and councillors,
I am a parent of 2 and had a horrific time dropping my children into the city to attend childcare as that is the only location I could get for my children. I promised myself I would not just complain but do something about this so my husband and I saved, I restrained myself, got a job as Head of Operations for Moriah College and learnt how to operate 5 childcare centres successfully. We then purchased a home around the corner from our own home and worked closely with the Council to develop a child care centre that was boutique and develop a business concept that could offers quality childcare to the community that serves organic food that is grown on site and teaches children about old fashion community living.

May I remind other residents of the positive comments some of you posted about child care centres being embedded in our local community:

"Posted by Lynette
The potential is huge for Yogiccubs Centre to:
- offer their core business of childcare for an area in clear need
- provide an easy transition for infant children to the nearby primary school at such a time as required
Even though the above comment was in support of a childcare at the bowling club- our budget did not extend to over 20 million . As a passionate member of the community I lobbied to save the Bowlo attended meetings assisted local schools to try and purchase but unfortunately we were not successful)
When Lyn wrote:
" If the Yogiccubs group really wanted to become a part of the community they would consider this option - it would actually show (not tell) support for the wishes and hopes for the community it proposes to become a part of."
I would say in response that yogicubs is part of the maroubra community I am Yogicubs , I have been part of this community since I was 21, my husband and I moved here after completing law school. We have volunteered in the community and been part of this community and we deserve a say as well. We deserve to rely on the Council to assess the DA and they have. Rightfully they rejected the first DA and the second DA but the third is considerate of other residents and is fair. For a long time I was a member of the legal profession and justice is very important to me. I urge the 8 Councillors who voted in favour of the DA to do so again and not be swayed by unjustified emotion. The council have adjudicated the DA based on facts and the local planning instruments and have determined to support the DA we urge the coubncillors to do the same.
Many thanks for your consideration
Dr Robert Fearn
Theresa Galea Fearn

From Theresa Galea Fearn to local councillor Noel D'Souza

=========================================================================

Theresa Galea Fearn posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Theresa Galea Fearn and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035

Description: Alterations and additions to the existing building, garage and fencing with associated works and conversion to childcare centre catering for 43 children.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/647999?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐