Planning application at 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035

maria Tsangaris sent a message to Noel D'Souza.

To
Noel D'Souza
From
maria Tsangaris
Subject
Planning application at 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035
Date
May 17, 2017, 6:36 a.m.
Dear Councillors
Our (the residents) objection to this DA is based on the site not being safe or suitable for a childcare centre.
Let it be noted that the residents are not trying to sway Councillors by unjustified emotion, the issues of safety and traffic at this site have been ongoing and council is very much aware of the long standing problems at the junction of First Ave and Bond Street in which the proposed childcare centre is seeking approval and this matter cannot be ignored.Parking is a huge issue as rangers from Randwick council have attended this street over the past 12 months booking vehicles for parking illegally and blocking sight on all the adjoining streets and I believe that it has been proposed for NO STOPPING signs to go up and this matter will be presented to the traffic committee in June for approval, so if there is plenty of parking then why are cars parking illegally, these very much needed no stopping signs will also remove several parking spots in this street causing an additional problem in the street.
I myself am just a mum and a local resident for all my life of 51 yrs and have offered over 10 years of volunteer community work 7 days a week to local soccer clubs in the area but my credentials nor my portfolio should no be the reason why Councillors or council pay attention or be swayed to reject this DA. This site is not suitable for a childcare centre due to the safety of children and residents and the alterations to the parking situation will cause havoc, congestion and above all cause more safety issues for residents and visitors to this street. I and many others that have lived and support business in this Maroubra beach hub are very aware of the problems we have down here and this should not be ignored as there are much more suitable sites for childcare centres and this is not one of them.
Thanking you for your consideration
Maria Tsangaris

From maria Tsangaris to local councillor Noel D'Souza

=========================================================================

maria Tsangaris posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to maria Tsangaris and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 27 Duncan Street Maroubra NSW 2035

Description: Alterations and additions to the existing building, garage and fencing with associated works and conversion to childcare centre catering for 43 children.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/647999?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐