Planning application at 270 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay NSW 2282

Heather Cleary sent a message to Kay Fraser.

To
Kay Fraser
From
Heather Cleary
Subject
Planning application at 270 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay NSW 2282
Date
Oct. 24, 2016, 6:46 a.m.
I am extremely concerned about the high density nature of this development, affecting the residential topography of this area. Not only is this area a wildlife corridor sheltering sugar gliders, extremely rare black cockatoos, possums and other native animals at risk, but the development will seriously affect drainage, shade, and create noise issues in what is a quiet residential street. The close proximity of 72 units housed in two story buildings within three metres of our fence line is unacceptable, as it will seriously impact both our properties, our privacy and our quality of life.

It is unfortunate that when one of our neighbours made enquiries she was kindly told that she had nothing to worry about. It was the neighbours at the other end of the street who have the problem. As one of those neighbours at the other end of Myles Avenue, I object on these grounds:

1. High density development in a previously low density residential area, resulting in increased noise seven days a week, 24 hours a day
2. The two storey buildings will compromise privacy
3. An impact on water run off and drainage in an area with a storm water drain and existing water issues
4. Shadow impact upon my property due to two storey buildings
5. Vulnerable wildlife will be unable to co-exist within the current plan. This will not be complementary to Council's very laudable attempts to encourage wildlife in backyards
6. The fact that the development is only three metres from my fence line, rather than the ten metres on the opposite side which would solve many of these issues.

From Heather Cleary to local councillor Kay Fraser

=========================================================================

Heather Cleary posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Heather Cleary and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 270 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay NSW 2282

Description: Proposed 1 into 2 Lot Torrens Title Subdivision and Seniors Housing Development

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/730255?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Kay Fraser
Date
Nov. 4, 2016, 3:35 a.m.
Dear Heather
Thank you for your email and I have forwarded your concerns onto the assessing officer to be included as part of the assessment.
Kind regards
Kay
Cr Kay Fraser
Mayor
Lake Macquarie City Council
126-138 Main Road Speers Point NSW 2284
Box 1906 HRMC NSW 2310
www.facebook.com/CrKayFraser
twitter.com/MayorKayFraser
´╗┐