Planning application at 29 Monash Road Loganlea QLD 4131

Margaret Brookes for Self and Lindsay Brookes sent a message to Jon Raven.

To
Jon Raven
From
Margaret Brookes for Self and Lindsay Brookes
Subject
Planning application at 29 Monash Road Loganlea QLD 4131
Date
June 3, 2018, 11:20 p.m.
Margaret Brookes for Self and Lindsay Brookes
commented about 17 hours ago
As the DIRECT NEXT DOOR (Owner/Occupier) NEIGHBOURS at 11 Campbell St, why were we NOT advised formally of this development...either through letterbox drop or formal Development Notification including Appeals process signage placed at both Campbell St and Monash Rd??
My husband, Lindsay has already had to advise workers not to start compacting and using other earthmoving plant at 6.30am given the vibrations it causes to our house including windows..not to mention the disruption to sleep. Local Laws may permit construction or building work from this hour but it is unreasonsble in a densely populated residential area.
We were not even made aware of the APPEAL PERIOD and to this date have received nothing from the Developer.
PLEASE NOTE: We STRONGLY APPEAL the development IF it includes MULTI-storey townhouses right beside us where we think 3 may be intended, as they will BLOCK OUR SOLAR PANELS for both Electricity AND Hot Water which we have incurred considerable expense having installed. I am a shift worker currently on long-term sick leave and home most of the day so a bit more consideration to us would have been appreciated and expected. Please advise.
P.S. Dust from earthworks is NOT being supressed in any way (watered down with sprinkler system etc.) and given hubby has new work vehicle parked outside and we can't hang laundry on clothesline side of house now, it's pretty poor lack of consideration given our house (including clothesline) is so close to boundary fence. Please investigate and advise. Thank you.

Regards

Margaret Brookes

From Margaret Brookes for Self and Lindsay Brookes to local councillor Jon Raven

=========================================================================

Margaret Brookes for Self and Lindsay Brookes posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Margaret Brookes for Self and Lindsay Brookes and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 29 Monash Road Loganlea QLD 4131

Description: Operational Works (Electrical Reticulation)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/963329?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jon Raven
Date
June 5, 2018, 6:22 a.m.
Hi Margie,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for taking my call this afternoon.

I have asked Logan City Council's construction taskforce to investigate this site and ensure they are compliant with their development approvals and construction, environment and safety legislation.

The reason you were not informed of the original subdivision approval was because it was a code assessable development. Which means it complies fully with the planning scheme and does not have require public notification/consultation period.

If it was an Impact assessable development application, you would have received a notification.

I hope that clarifies things, I have asked the construction task for to contact you to assist with their investigation. Please don't hesitate to call me on mobile if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jon

To keep up to date with the latest Follow me on Facebook: Councillor Jon Raven

Councillor Jon Raven | Division 5 | Chair of City Centres Committee | Logan City Council

Phone: 07 3412 5505 | Mobile: 0499 560 995 | Email:

Division 5 includes Marsden, Berrinba, Loganlea, Waterford West (part of) and Crestmead (part of)
´╗┐