Planning application at 298-304 Logan Reserve Road Logan Reserve QLD 4133

Gary and Marjon White sent a message to Darren Power.

To
Darren Power
From
Gary and Marjon White
Subject
Planning application at 298-304 Logan Reserve Road Logan Reserve QLD 4133
Date
Oct. 30, 2016, 9:21 p.m.
We fully agree with all the comments above. We've been here for over 25 years, back when there were very few homes on school Rd. We moved here as we wanted a quiet rural lifestyle. Ever since Stoneleigh Reserve happened the area has been completely ruined, we've called the police numerous times due to people excessively speeding down School Rd. Nothings changed and only gotten worse since the second roundabout was put in. School Rd is getting used as a racetrack, we need some traffic calming devices put through to slow people down. We used to go for a lot of family walks, but are reluctant now due to the number of people speeding and losing control, and crashing, generally through the first roundabout. Straight onto the footpath. A little while ago I walked up to the School to collect the kids and we had been home not even five minutes, and a car had hit the power pole, right where we were just walking. There's no armeco railing protecting the pedestrians. We saw a car come of the back of a tow truck and into the culvert just a few days ago. We have trouble getting out of our driveway some mornings, and the last thing we need is more condensed housing to make the traffic even worse. It would be ridiculous and thoughtless to allow more estates into this area.

From Gary and Marjon White to local councillor Darren Power

=========================================================================

Gary and Marjon White posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Gary and Marjon White and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 298-304 Logan Reserve Road Logan Reserve QLD 4133

Description: Combined Application (RL 3 into 50 lots and Preliminary MCUI approval under SPA s241 and s242)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/740184?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Darren Power
Date
Oct. 31, 2016, 2:20 a.m.
Dear Gary and Marion,
I understand your concerns and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. However I am not your local councillor, Cr Phil Pidgeon is. I would suggest you ring Cr Pidgeon on 0411 869 109 and talk to him about this application he may very well be on side with you on this. The reason it is important to get the local councillor for that area on side, is that he will carry more weight in council, as many a time the council will go with the local councillor as it is he who has the local knowledge.

Regards
Darren

Councillor Darren Power | Councillor for Division 10 | Logan City Council
Phone: 07 3412 5510 | PO Box 3226 Logan City DC Qld 4114
| www.logan.qld.gov.au facebook.com/logancitycouncil | twitter.com/logancc

Division 10 includes Carbrook, Cornubia (part of), Daisy Hill (part of) and Shailer Park
Logan City: Building Our Communities, Our Businesses and Our Pride