Planning application at 3 Walton Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Leigh Harriman sent a message to Bill Cahill.

To
Bill Cahill
From
Leigh Harriman
Subject
Planning application at 3 Walton Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350
Date
Feb. 23, 2019, 12:19 p.m.
I have owned a home in Walton Street for many years. I purchased this home because of the character of the street, and loved how quiet it was, as it is a dead end street.During the past 4 years, the number of residences in the street has doubled!! We have four 3 bedroom townhouses that has not had adequate car accommodation since it was built. Difficult for the tenants to get in and out of their garages, so most of them park in the street. I notice in the DA that it refers to "two lane bitumen access off Walton Street". If someone parks on one side of the street and another car, or god forbid a small truck is parked on the other, no vehicle can pass at all!! Walton Street is a very old, narrow street.
Four years ago we had 4 dwellings on the Southern side of the street and on the northern side we had 3 dwellings. As of February 2019, we have 10 dwellings with another proposed three dwellings with this application!!! The number of vehicles has increased by 10 permanent garages, plus visiting cars from rental properties that come at all hours of the day and night. Walton Street is all of 100 metres long or thereabouts and half of the northern side is the side of the Ambassador Motel. Where is our green space. The homes are not set 6 metres back from the street.....our homes are about 4 metres back at best, and every vehicle sounds like it is driving into your bedroom!! I and my fellow Walton Street neighbours will be making a lot of noise about this and I hope the community will join with us. Seriously, this is quite absurd!

From Leigh Harriman to local councillor Bill Cahill

=========================================================================

Leigh Harriman posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Leigh Harriman and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 3 Walton Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Description: Multiple Dwelling Units 3x2 Bedroom Units

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1160578?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Bill Cahill
Date
Feb. 25, 2019, 11:53 p.m.
Dear Leigh

Thank you for your email, I will forward this onto the GM for Planning and Development for his attention.

Regards

Bill Cahill
Councillor
Water and Waste Operations Portfolio

Toowoomba Regional Council
PO Box 3021 Toowoomba QLD 4350<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
P 07 4688 6782<tel:07%204688%206782> M 0419 908 083<tel:0419%20908%20083> F 1800 448 882<tel:1800%20448%20882>
<mailto:>
www.tr.qld.gov.au<http://www.tr.qld.gov.au/>

On 23 Feb 2019, at 10:20 pm, Leigh Harriman <<mailto:>> wrote:

I have owned a home in Walton Street for many years. I purchased this home because of the character of the street, and loved how quiet it was, as it is a dead end street.During the past 4 years, the number of residences in the street has doubled!! We have four 3 bedroom townhouses that has not had adequate car accommodation since it was built. Difficult for the tenants to get in and out of their garages, so most of them park in the street. I notice in the DA that it refers to "two lane bitumen access off Walton Street". If someone parks on one side of the street and another car, or god forbid a small truck is parked on the other, no vehicle can pass at all!! Walton Street is a very old, narrow street.
Four years ago we had 4 dwellings on the Southern side of the street and on the northern side we had 3 dwellings. As of February 2019, we have 10 dwellings with another proposed three dwellings with this application!!! The number of vehicles has increased by 10 permanent garages, plus visiting cars from rental properties that come at all hours of the day and night. Walton Street is all of 100 metres long or thereabouts and half of the northern side is the side of the Ambassador Motel. Where is our green space. The homes are not set 6 metres back from the street.....our homes are about 4 metres back at best, and every vehicle sounds like it is driving into your bedroom!! I and my fellow Walton Street neighbours will be making a lot of noise about this and I hope the community will join with us. Seriously, this is quite absurd!

From Leigh Harriman to local councillor Bill Cahill

=========================================================================

Leigh Harriman posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Leigh Harriman and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 3 Walton Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Description: Multiple Dwelling Units 3x2 Bedroom Units

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1160578?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which
represents the personal view of the sender.

If you wish to contact Council by non electronic means, Council's
postal address is:

Toowoomba Regional Council
PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350
´╗┐