Planning application at 30 Wivenhoe Avenue, Albany Creek QLD 4035

Carolyn M sent a message to Mike Charlton.

To
Mike Charlton
From
Carolyn M
Subject
Planning application at 30 Wivenhoe Avenue, Albany Creek QLD 4035
Date
Aug. 29, 2017, 1:09 a.m.
I agree with Brenda, sad how councils say they care about the wildlife, but allow their habitat to be ripped down anyway. It will be a sad day when Australia no longer has any Koala's in the wild. Considering the Koala is the Qld animal emblem which was Officially proclaimed in 1971. Will need to change this when they are all gone. Really, more town houses?

From Carolyn M to local councillor Mike Charlton

=========================================================================

Carolyn M posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Carolyn M and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 30 Wivenhoe Avenue, Albany Creek QLD 4035

Description: Material Change of Use - Development Permit for Low Density Multiple Dwelling Units (18 Townhouses) (Superseded Planning Scheme)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/872656?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Mike Charlton
Date
Aug. 31, 2017, 3:54 a.m.
G'day Carolyn,

Thank you for your comments and I will make sure any assessment of the development application takes them into full consideration.

This development application will undergo full assessment by Council before any decision is made. I have already spoken to staff about this site and will be fully briefed of progress and possible outcomes.

I would like to point out that this is privately owned land not public open space. On the issue on Council's commitment to both koalas and wildlife, there is approximately $5.6 million in the current financial year budget to be spent on environmental issues including monitoring and tagging of the koala population on the former Petrie Paper Mill site where the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) will be building its new campus. Just this morning I visited a site in Warner (John H Walker Reserve) where 6100 trees are being planted today. Approximately 50% of these trees are koala habitat trees.

I am more than happy to have a personal discussion with you about Council's approach to environmental issues if you so desire. Please contact my office on 3480 6869 if you wish to make a time to catch up.

Kind Regards,
God Bless,
Mike.
220 Gympie Road, STRATHPINE QLD 4500
PO Box 159, Caboolture 4510
P: (07) 3480 6869 | M: 0417 757 751
W: www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au<http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/>

The amendments to the MBRC Planning Scheme will be on consultation from Monday 21 August 2017 to Tuesday 6 October 2017. For more information visit https://yoursay.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/mbrc-planning-scheme-amendment-2017

[Planning Scheme Amendment 2017]
´╗┐