Planning application at 31A Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven NSW 2156

Margaret sent a message to Robyn Preston.

To
Robyn Preston
From
Margaret
Subject
Planning application at 31A Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven NSW 2156
Date
June 4, 2017, 6:21 a.m.
My family and friends have invested over 26years in this beautiful suburb of Glenhaven, this is predominately a Christian area,the proposed Mosque should not be allowed .

My concerns are many, in no particular order.

The impact on traffic on the already busy Glenhaven Rd and the number of people the mosque will attract.

The impact on the quiet Cul-de-sac adjoining the land and the potential loss of value of the expensive homes in that street .

The impact on our way of life in Glenhaven. I for one , like to go for a run in shorts and a singlet without having to worry about offending the Muslim culture .

The overall look of Glenhaven and its Rural aspect.

Huge concerns shown daily on Tv news reports , one being highlighted in the news today , indicates that some of that particular culture have total disregard for our Laws and those in authority. I am concerned that will impact Glenhaven.

The impact on safety in our area.

The impact of traffic and safety for residence living near by.

The impact on our freedom using our local swimming pools and the pressure for those pools to close at certain times.

The cultural laws that will impact our local residence to cater for the mosque.

The impact of noise at certain times.

The message on the internet states the close proximity to "Jummah location " (International school ) at Kellyville. Perhaps that area would be more suited for the proposed mosque.

The message also states how the location at Glenhaven is a great size for onsite parking and "future growth".
This is also great concern for the impact in our area.

The link if any residence in Glenhaven are interested for their information is :
https://hdms.org.au/masjid-in-the-hills/

I am very disappointed that BHSC has been negotiating for the proposed development without proper consultation with the residence of Glenhaven.

From Margaret to local councillor Robyn Preston

=========================================================================

Margaret posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Margaret and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 31A Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven NSW 2156

Description: Section 96 (1a) modification to an approved Place of Worship

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/814220?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Robyn Preston,
Date
June 4, 2017, 2:37 p.m.
Hello Margaret,

Thank you for your email and the points you have raised.

Please know that The Hills Shire Council has not negotiated any position
in relation to this property. I would be interested to speak to the person
or persons who advised you of this, as this is totally false.

I have asked Council officers to inform me of any delaings relating to
this property and the zoning entitlements and I would be happy to update
you as soon as I know.

I hear your angst and nervousness relating to this issue.

Regards,

Robyn

Clr Robyn Preston
DEPUTY MAYOR
Liberal Councillor
THE HILLS SHIRE COUNCIL
M: 0419 200 300
E:
A: PO Box 7773
BAULKHAM HILLS NSW 2153
From
Robyn Preston
Date
June 4, 2017, 11:35 p.m.
Hello Margaret,

I have just had Council officers confirm that no approach has been made to Council by anyone regarding this property.

It appears that the interested group is fundraising at the moment with a very ambitious dollar target to achieve.

Regards,

Robyn

Clr Robyn Preston
DEPUTY MAYOR
Liberal Councillor
The Hills Shire Council
M: 0419 200 300
E:
A: PO Box 7773
Baulkham Hills NSW 2153

(Sent from my iPhone)
´╗┐