Planning application at 31A Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven NSW 2156

Nicolas Nasr sent a message to Yvonne Keane.

To
Yvonne Keane
From
Nicolas Nasr
Subject
Planning application at 31A Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven NSW 2156
Date
June 6, 2017, 11:57 a.m.
Hi,
As a resident and property owner on Glenhaven Rd, I am also very concerned and disappointed.
I am very concerned that another Place of worship (regardless of religion) would be allowed to be located on a Road as busy as Glenhaven Rd which is already struggling to cope with the traffic.
I mean really, with 2 places of worship already on this road, 2 retirement villages expanding, a busy school with no drop-off or Pick-up parking solution, a lousy and dangerous intersection at the end of the road by Old Northern Rd where we’re waiting for a fatality before the traffic lights are prioritised, 3 Day care centers and from what I understand another one under DA, and yet here we are taking about another large public gathering area to be built
We should also not forget that soon we will have 12 new dwellings with the only access being directly on Glenhaven Rd and 4500 houses just around the corner in North Kellyville.
I am disappointed that any religious group would be so blunt to go ahead with acquiring a property without first raising it with the council, as confirmed by Robyn Preston, the Deputy Mayor, which means 2 things:
1- They know they will raise the funds needed.
2- They also know that eventually the council will give its approval. After all, who wants to be seen as anti-Islam at the present time ?

P.S. Obviously as there is no planning application alert for the planned Mosque yet, our comments are being listed against the wrong address. It should be Corner of Larapinta Place and Glenhaven Rd

Regards.

From Nicolas Nasr to local councillor Yvonne Keane

=========================================================================

Nicolas Nasr posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Nicolas Nasr and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 31A Glenhaven Road, Glenhaven NSW 2156

Description: Section 96 (1a) modification to an approved Place of Worship

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/814220?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.