Planning application at 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152

Merrilyn Whitecross sent a message to Jackson Taylor.

To
Jackson Taylor
From
Merrilyn Whitecross
Subject
Planning application at 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152
Date
June 20, 2017, 2 a.m.
It is an absolute sin that those in charge are happily turning our leafy green suburb into an overcrowded concrete jungle. If we had wanted to live like that, we would have bought in the city. Leave our suburb alone and stop ruining the City of Knox.

From Merrilyn Whitecross to local councillor Jackson Taylor

=========================================================================

Merrilyn Whitecross posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Merrilyn Whitecross and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152

Description: 62 Townhouses

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703426?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jackson Taylor
Date
June 20, 2017, 2:28 a.m.
Good Afternoon Merrilyn,

Thanks for getting in touch about this specific planning proposal.

As you may have seen on the website in response to another community member I am currently seeking more information on this from the planner.

As per requirements of me I cannot comment on the proposal, but will look very closely into it and take into account objections, all aspects of applicable planning policies and information from relevant parties involved in planning when making my decision on this proposal and all proposals.

I understand the community is very passionate about planing and want to ensure that the leafy green image of Knox is retained. I agree and that is why that wording is throughout our local planning policies and why he have such stringent conditions when it comes to landscape and private open space requirements.

Without knowing much on the plans as of yet or the zoning, I will assume that this is in an 'activity area' as was designated by the Minister for planning not at our request I will say. The minister decided recently that any area along Principal Public Transport Network routes (smart bus routes in this instance) that they want to see greater development around those areas to ensure it takes these types of development away from mainly residential areas. Whilst we have our own local policies we must also fall in line with State policies as they supersede our own and theirs would take precedent if the two were to be inconsistent.

Knox has changed a lot over the last 30 years and will continue to change, we are in a situation where over the next 20-30 years we will need to cater for 20,000 homes plus, and there is a clear direction from the minister for infill development to stop the urban growth boundaries.

As an elected Councillor I can tell you that I am committed to appropriate development in our municipality and one in which involves community feedback moving forward.

Thank you for getting in touch, I will get back to you with further and I will take your email as an objection if you could give some further grounds for your reasons.

Cheers, Jackson.

Yours in Kind

Jackson

[cid:]

Jackson Taylor

Councillor for Collier Ward

Knox City Council
0418 719 940<tel:0418%20719%20940> | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152<x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
<mailto:> | www.knox.vic.gov.au<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/>
Facebook | Jackson Taylor - Councillor for Collier Ward

On 20 Jun 2017, at 12:02 pm, Merrilyn Whitecross <<mailto:>> wrote:

It is an absolute sin that those in charge are happily turning our leafy green suburb into an overcrowded concrete jungle. If we had wanted to live like that, we would have bought in the city. Leave our suburb alone and stop ruining the City of Knox.

From Merrilyn Whitecross to local councillor Jackson Taylor

=========================================================================

Merrilyn Whitecross posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Merrilyn Whitecross and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152

Description: 62 Townhouses

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703426?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

****************************************************************************************
This email may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. Privacy should be respected at all times. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Knox City Council immediately by telephone (03-9298-8000) and destroy the original message.

KNOX CITY COUNCIL
511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South. 3152. Australia
****************************************************************************************
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL
´╗┐