Planning application at 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152

Local Resident sent a message to Jackson Taylor.

To
Jackson Taylor
From
Local Resident
Subject
Planning application at 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152
Date
Oct. 26, 2017, 12:49 a.m.
Mr. Taylor,

By the time you receive this response it is all done and nothing you can do. we have objected to this proposal and but it was supported by Council and permit was granted recently.

Now it is up for Sale. It is developers making money out of anything with the full support of Council.

I request you to pay more attention to the community needs as opposed to developers need.

Development should go ahead but not at the expense of neighborhood or existing communities.

Regards

Local resident.

From Local Resident to local councillor Jackson Taylor

=========================================================================

Local Resident posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Local Resident and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152

Description: 62 Townhouses

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703426?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jackson Taylor,
Date
Oct. 26, 2017, 7:52 a.m.
Hello ‘Local Resident’,

Thanks for getting in touch and your email.

As you will see from my above comments this area is designated an ‘activity area’ of sorts as per the Minister for Plannings decision, hence developers attempting to yield more from land along Wantirna Rd where the Smart Bus route runs along.

You correctly state that the decision has been made, however I need to respectfully correct you and advise that no decision was made by Council either by delegation to its Planning Officers and certainly not by myself or mr Cr Colleagues. The developer took their application straight to VCAT after the 60 day period which we could not comply with due to the complexities of the application. VCAT then approved the application and Council has no choice but to issue a permit.

I spoke to several residents and two clearly above your own comment on this site and always have, of which I am happy to discuss with you in further length.

It is extremely disappointing that this developer chose to bypass the decision makers and thus removing an important part of the decision which allows for greater community consultation which is so important and a principle by which I live by in my role.

My role as a Cr is to listen to the community on a range of issues and I will keep doing as such.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Yours in Kind

Jackson

[cid:]

Jackson Taylor

Councillor for Collier Ward

Knox City Council
0418 719 940<tel:0418%20719%20940> | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152<x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
<mailto:> | www.knox.vic.gov.au<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/>
Facebook | Jackson Taylor - Councillor for Collier Ward

On 26 Oct 2017, at 11:50 am, Local Resident <<mailto:>> wrote:

Mr. Taylor,

By the time you receive this response it is all done and nothing you can do. we have objected to this proposal and but it was supported by Council and permit was granted recently.

Now it is up for Sale. It is developers making money out of anything with the full support of Council.

I request you to pay more attention to the community needs as opposed to developers need.

Development should go ahead but not at the expense of neighborhood or existing communities.

Regards

Local resident.

Local Resident posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Local Resident and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703426?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

****************************************************************************************
This email may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. Privacy should be respected at all times. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Knox City Council immediately by telephone (03-9298-8000) and destroy the original message.

KNOX CITY COUNCIL
511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South. 3152. Australia
****************************************************************************************
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL
From
Jackson Taylor
Date
Oct. 26, 2017, 7:54 a.m.
This article may also be of interest where I discuss the application with the Knox Leader.

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonTaylor4Collier/posts/1957924984454452

Yours in Kind

Jackson

[cid:]

Jackson Taylor

Councillor for Collier Ward

Knox City Council
0418 719 940<tel:0418%20719%20940> | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152<x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
<mailto:> | www.knox.vic.gov.au<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/>
Facebook | Jackson Taylor - Councillor for Collier Ward

On 26 Oct 2017, at 11:50 am, Local Resident <<mailto:>> wrote:

Mr. Taylor,

Regards

Local resident.

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. Privacy should be respected at all times. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Knox City Council immediately by telephone (03-9298-8000) and destroy the original message.

KNOX CITY COUNCIL
511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South. 3152. Australia
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL