To
Jackson Taylor
From
Skye
Subject
Planning application at 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152
Date
Oct. 26, 2017, 11:20 p.m.
Can I please ask for clarification around two issues.

1. The developer took their application straight to VCAT after the 60 day period which we could not comply with due to the complexities of the application.

2. Plans for road infrastructure pertaining to potentially 120 cars at a minimum.

Thanks in advance for your time, its much appreciated.

From Skye to local councillor Jackson Taylor

=========================================================================

Skye posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Skye and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 321 Wantirna Road, Wantirna VIC 3152

Description: 62 Townhouses

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703426?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jackson Taylor,
Date
Nov. 1, 2017, 5:07 a.m.
Hi Skye,

As per our phone call last week, I am looking into this for you.

Thanks.

Yours in Kind

Jackson

[cid:]

Jackson Taylor

Councillor for Collier Ward

Knox City Council
0418 719 940<tel:0418%20719%20940> | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152<x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
<mailto:> | www.knox.vic.gov.au<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/>
Facebook | Jackson Taylor - Councillor for Collier Ward

On 27 Oct 2017, at 10:22 am, Skye <<mailto:>> wrote:

1. The developer took their application straight to VCAT after the 60 day period which we could not comply with due to the complexities of the application.

2. Plans for road infrastructure pertaining to potentially 120 cars at a minimum.

Skye posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Skye and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703426?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

****************************************************************************************
This email may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. Privacy should be respected at all times. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Knox City Council immediately by telephone (03-9298-8000) and destroy the original message.

KNOX CITY COUNCIL
511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South. 3152. Australia
****************************************************************************************
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL
From
Jackson Taylor
Date
Nov. 21, 2017, 7:59 a.m.
Hi Skye and Interested Parties,

As discussed previously and covered in a local article I am disappointed the developer chose to frog step council and go to VCAT without awaiting a Council decision. This was a complex development and whilst Knox Council has a great hit rate on complying with the 60 days we could not on this occasion and the developer cut the decision makers out of the process which was extremely disappointing. It’s important Councillors as decision makers are empowered by the planning process and are given every opportunity to listen to local concerns.

To note 75% of applications in Knox are decided within 60 days.

I note there were several concerns about traffic and parking. At this time the requirement for housing in the State Framework is 1 parking spot for 2 bedrooms or less and 2 parking spots for 3 or more and unfortunately that cannot be overridden as is noted in the VCAT decision.

I understand there are also concerns around the safety of road users and pedestrians along that corridor and also the general level of traffic. I accept VCAT’s view that the proposed extra traffic which will be added by this development will generally not have a notable impact, but moving forward I understand why residents are concerned regarding the nature of a one lane bridge within the vicinity which places extra pressure on congestion at times.

This is an issue which I have raised with the Directors of City Futures (Planning) and Engineering and Infrastructure at Knox Council. I will be discussing this with State and Federal members (and candidates considering the upcoming state election) and I encourage you to as well. Council in this space will play an advocacy role in terms of any infrastructure upgrades as VicRoads maintains Wantirna Rd as it is a major Rd. It is worth nothing that the Wantirna Bridge was only just recently updated, unfortunately without a lane being added in.

Moving forward, the area along Wantirna Rd as is known is designated an activity centre which council had requested a height limit of 9 metres in. But upon adoption a limit of 13.5 metres was placed on areas like Wantirna Rd, which is in a place of Principal Public Transport Network. As such, not in a residential area as it faces a major rd. However, that decision has not impacted the residential policy in areas surround where we continue to have lower scale housing where single and dual occupancy is preferred. Due to the Urban Growth Boundaries not being grown at this time and all metropolitan areas being asked to cope with more housing as Melbourne Grows and as do housing prices it is very unlikely we would go backwards in terms of where we currently are along areas adjacent to the PPTN routes. The argument which can be made is the need to keep up infrastructure needs. And as discussed I will be having those conversations and endeavouring to advocate on Council to look at the issues raised by locals along that corridor.

Yours in Kind

Jackson

[cid:]

Jackson Taylor

Councillor for Collier Ward

Knox City Council
0418 719 940<tel:0418%20719%20940> | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152<x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
<mailto:> | www.knox.vic.gov.au<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/>

On 27 Oct 2017, at 10:22 am, Skye <<mailto:>> wrote:

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. Privacy should be respected at all times. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Knox City Council immediately by telephone (03-9298-8000) and destroy the original message.

KNOX CITY COUNCIL
511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South. 3152. Australia
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL