Planning application at 33-41 Cedar Road Palm Cove QLD 4879

Chris Davenport sent a message to Brett Olds.

To
Brett Olds
From
Chris Davenport
Subject
Planning application at 33-41 Cedar Road Palm Cove QLD 4879
Date
Feb. 7, 2018, 6:24 a.m.
I'm all for development, particularly housing...but not in a hazardous, slap-dash way. I am very much against this project as well as the one in Clifton Beach, being seriously considered by the planning department and a precedent set. The attraction for residence and tourism here is expressly due to the low density, well considered "lower than a palm tree" (aka, not more than 4 stories) rule of thumb set some time ago. Nothing against the Gold Coast or Brisbane, but if we wanted to live in (or tourists wanted to visit) that kind of hign density, high storied environment, that's where we (they) would go. Our area (from Holloways to Ellis) is an area of extreme natural beauty as well as sensitive coastline. Increasing the height-density by way of high storied development is a huge and irretrievable step in the wrong direction...anywhere along the this coast; and an enormous eyesore. Please pay attention to what we are saying. We don't want it and its a huge mistake.

From Chris Davenport to local councillor Brett Olds

=========================================================================

Chris Davenport posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Chris Davenport and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 33-41 Cedar Road Palm Cove QLD 4879

Description: #MCU Multiple dwelling and #MCU Short-term accommodation #MCU Multiple dwelling #MCU Short-term accommodation

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/905833?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Brett Olds
Date
Feb. 9, 2018, 3:30 a.m.
Hi Chris,

Here's what I was able to find out for you, so far:

From what I am told, under the now superseded 2009 scheme, the site was partly Residential 2 and partly Residential 1. It has only been since CairnsPlan 2016 commenced that the site has been re-zoned to Environmental Management.

There is an existing RoL approval for the land, the application for which was lodged under CairnsPlan 2009. The RoL approval provides for 34 residential lots and 2 areas of park to be delivered in 2 stages. The approved layout shows a connection from Cedar Road to Oliva Street.

The current MCU application (CRC online reference 8176/2017) was lodged in October 2017 and is currently within the response to Information Request stage. I note that Council has recently agreed to extend the response period until August 2018. As an Impact Assessable application, the public will have an opportunity to provide their comments on the proposed development. At this stage, I do not have any information as to when public notification will occur, but it has to be after a response is provided to the Information Request. Notification will occur in the standard manner i.e. ad in the paper, notice on the land and written notice to adjoining land owners.

I hear what you are saying regarding the height being above what the Cairns Plan shows and this is something that people can make comment on during the submission stage. Just so you know, a Northern Beaches Community Advisory Group has recently formed and it might be a good idea to make contact with them (they are on FaceBook) and share your concerns also. There is always power in numbers and coming together with a common cause is very beneficial...

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

Cr Brett Olds I Cairns Regional Council
Elected Member – Division 9
P: +61740443079 | M: +61477990263 | Fax: +61740443836
Email: | URL: cairns.qld.gov.au

Mail: PO Box 359, Cairns Q 4870 | Office: 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870